202. From Chris: "As I grew up I developed a strong Fear of Hell..."
203. From Daniel N.: "would very much appreciate any additional information on the Holy Year Indulgence"
204. From Joe: I'm thinking of changing the name of my site to Mere Catholicism. What do you think?
205. From Doug: A Response to John Irving on Abortion.
206. From Jenny: Sexual Boundaries and Mutual, Peer Relations (Rev. Marie Fortune)
207. From Daniel H.: "is there a Catholicism for Dummies book or website that could clear things up for me?"
208. Letter to Brill's Content, Re: Hitler's Pope
209. From Barry: "looking at a woman with lust is a sin. So why does my local parish not have a Dress Code?
210. From Katie: "Why is Homosexuality considered wrong?
211. From Felix: Concerning Overpopulation and Extinction of Species
212. Christian Reincarnation?
213. From Jennifer: Can I be forgiven for Tubal Ligation?
214. From Lila: Frankenstein at the University of Washington
215. From Colin: Isn't it possible that God created us through Evolution?
216. From Dolores: "Your thinking (Women Priests?) makes women less than men."
217. From John: "Why is the church so hard on this subject (Annulments and Communion)?"
218. From Brian: "Jesus has not been with us for 2000 years."
219. My husband and I..would like to know the Church's position on this procedure (In Vitro Fertilization)
220. From J.H.: "THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ONE SOLID GRAM OF TANGIBLE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE EXISTENCE OF GOD"
221. From Rev. Hollis E. Wright: On Anglican Female Priests - "What you have not considered is that God might actually call women to be priests."
222. From Dawn: "What exactly is an Internal Forum?" (Re: Annulments)
223. From Couples for Christ: "Why did God choose to humble himself and become present in the bread and wine?"
224. From C: Does the Bible Forbid Vasectomy?
225. From Elizabeth: Why the Debate about Women Priests?
226. From M: "In one word, please answer this: Is Masturbation a mortal or venial sin?"
227. From Paula: "Is Anthroposophy Secular Humanism?"
228. From Kristen: "Which Sins are Mortal Sins?"
229. From Andrew: "Why do we give up meat on Ash Wednesday and Fridays of Lent?"
230. From Adam: "Is Ash Wednesday a Holy Day of Obligation?"
231. From Josh, Heather & Zoe: "So what happened to all those Catholics who ate meat on Fridays and went to hell?"
232. From S: A question about choosing godparents?
233. From Jim, re: legalization of abortion: What about victims of rape?
234. How can I get into heaven?
235. From Jamie: What is Overpopulation?
236. From Roy: Is Guilt a Temporal Punishment for Sin?
237. From Tony: A "Christian" who Believes in Reincarnation
238. From Mary Beth: Sunday Obligation - Is Missing Sunday Mass a Mortal Sin?
239. From Yury: Does God Love Us for what we are or what we do?
240. From a college girl: How Far is Too Far?
241. From Roy: Is Tube Feeding an Extraordinary Measure?
242. From Angel: Questions about Overpopulation
243. From John: Why Does the Church Keep Promoting Birth?
244. From Clare: "Your article on women and the priesthood came as close as any to a fair treatment of the arguments. However, I would like to humbly convey to you my own understanding which I have yet to read anywhere and which may bring healing on this issue for your readers."
245. From Derek: "Your critique (of Durant's Story of Philosophy) made sense."
246. From Kay: "There are many more people who are psychic than you may be aware of."
247. "I found your website by accident, and having lived for a couple years in Seattle, was actually expecting the worst..."
248. From JoAnne: "I was quite touched by The Bridegroom, the homily of Feb. 27."
249. From Ken: "I am not Catholic, however I do believe that Roman Catholics often get a bum rap from Evangelical Christians."
250. From Kathie: To the woman thinking of throwing in the towel after Three Children
251. Some Positive Feedback
252. From Art Lytle: Evidence for God's Existence from Life Experience
253. From John: About Immigration - "Time to Pull Up the Gang Plank"
254. From Tom: "...the Bible does not support meeting in a formal church building"
255. From Eric: Article on Women Priests "Just What I Needed"
256. From Brenda: "Confession over Phone?"
257. From Dave: What is "Center of Mass?"
258. From Joe: "I don't think you gave Stephen Hawking enough credit."
259. From Richard: "I do have a bone of contention to take up with you."
260. From Mark: "My impression was that purgatory was only for those who were already saved." (About C.S. Lewis' Great Divorce)
261. From Socorro: "Why are we, as Catholics, not to eat meat on Fridays during Lent?"
262. From Rich: "This question came from a Mormon friend after I explained Celibacy to him."
263. From T: "Is it okay to take medication to help stimulate healthy egg production?"
264. From Bill: "Can you comment on Papal Sins?"
265. From WP: Is Maturbation to relieve tension a sin?
266. From David: Why Have a Law Against Abortion?
267. From J.: "Just Obtained the Reverse Vasectomy...Is Masturbation OK to Obtain Sperm Sample?"
268. From Mystic Rose: Is John the Baptist the Reincarnation of Elijah? (What about John 1:21)
269. From C: I want to become a Catholic, but am concerned about Annulment Process.
270. From Barbara: Will Everyone Go to Heaven?
271. From S - A Teenager Struggling with Same Sex Attraction: Helped by David Morrison Beyond Gay
272. From Fr. Matthew: Was Carl Sagan a Wishful Thinker?
273. From Lorraine: Did Saint Christopher (St. George, St. Valentine) Exist?
274. From K: Where do Aborted Babies Go?
275. From Pastor Jenkins: Martin Luther's Teaching on Free Will
276. From Elizabeth: The Problem with Male Priests as Confessors
277. From C: "I am beginning to feel that the Church is no longer the true Church..."
278. From Stephen: "the position of the Catholic Church on population has done incalculable harm to the very human beings you profess to love..."
279. From Chris: "Following your recommendation, I have been reading Peter Kreeft's edition of Blaise Pascal's Pensees..."
280. From Lonely & Confused: "I haven't been able to forgive myself and I'm so scared of going to confession..."
281. From Adam: A Scientist with questions about Religion & Science
282. From Toni: The population in poor countries is growing faster than in rich countries. Why is this?
283. From T: "My doctor is concerned I may be having a Miscarriage..."
284. From C: Baptist Husband Seeking Annulment: May I Receive Communion?
285. From Greg: "Boy, do I have a different view of Catholicism now!"
286. From Mike: "religion must be merely a cultural artifact, since an omnipotent and loving God would reveal Himself equally to all His children."
287. From Larry: "I was also impressed by Saved By Grace Alone. I'm a Southern Baptist, and, frankly, did not expect it.
288. From Richard: "Did Carl Sagan ever reply to The Moral Law: A Response to Carl Sagan?
289. From John: "What guidelines do priests observe in restricting receipt of the Eucharist to communicants?"
290. From John Jensen: "'The Catholic Church never taught reincarnation.' It most certainly did..."
291. From J: About Confessing the Sin of Masturbation
292. From A: "I have this obsession, well not obsession, but lust toward male clergy..."
293. From Theresa: A Roseanne Roseannadanna commentary on Pedophiles and Priests
294. From Kelly: "I can't see how NFP and other forms of Birth Control differ..."
295. From J: Genuflecting at Communion - Should I Obey My Pastor or My Conscience?
296. From Anne: A Catholic relative marrying outside the Church - Should I attend the Wedding?
297. From Bong: "Please give me some points in doing a clear, short, interesting and heart-warming homily."
298. From Mark: How Can Jesus Say to both Honor and Hate Ones Parents?
299. From Janessa: Could Cremation be the solution?
300. From Taimoor: Correction - Islam Does Not Prohibit Milk
(Updated December 26, 2000)
Next Questions and Answers (for 2001)
Previous 100 Questions and Answers
First 100 Questions and Answers
Also you may send an e-mail.
Please be patience, but if you do not receive a response in two weeks, you may try sending again as sometimes I have problems with server, etc.