Announcements (July 9, 2006)
1. Our two-bit collection is for Deanery Hospital Ministry. Together with the other parishes of South Seattle, Holy Family helps support the chaplains at Virginia Mason, Harborview and Swedish Hospitals. Your donations will enable our parish to do its part to ensure that Catholic patients receive quality pastoral care.
2. Thank you for your donations last Sunday for Peter’s Pence. As you can see in the bulletin, a total of $2,119 were given during the seven weekend Masses. Your contributions support the apostolic ministry and charitable work of our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI.
3. Catholic Community Services is looking for foster parents to provide stable and nurturing homes for children ages birth through 17. There is an urgent need. Please see the notice in today’s bulletin.
4. This Thursday Olan Mills photographers will be here to take pictures for our parish pictorial directory. If you have not yet signed up, please do so. There will also be a picture taking session in August. Those who have their picture taken will receive a free 8 by 10 inch picture, as well as their own parish pictorial directory. There is no obligation to purchase further pictures.
5. If you know someone interested in joining the Catholic Church or if you are willing to serve as a sponsor, please see the announcement in this Sunday’s bulletin.
6. The Girls Youth Group will meet this afternoon at 3:30 p.m. in the Ailbe House. Altar Server training for boys, 10 years of age and older, will be this Tuesday at 6 pm. Please contact Rose Velasco, Cliff Macareg or Gary Samaniego for further information. Please be sure to take home a bulletin, for more information about our parish and school.