Announcements (August 6, 2006)
1. Our two-bit collection is for parish security. It will go toward paying the security guard during our weekend Masses and other measures to provide a safe environment for those who come to Holy Family.
2. I thank you for your contributions last weekend for tuition assistance to help those who wish to send their child to our parish school. As Mr. Lutz mentions in his column, we still have openings in all grades pre-K through 8.
3. Our Hispanic Community is sponsoring a picnic and bazaar this Sunday beginning at 1:30 p.m. The picnic will feature a Mariachi band, games for children and delicious food for all. During the picnic we will draw the raffle prize of $1000. The raffle and picnic will benefit our parish Capital Campaign. As you know the Campaign is making possible the renovation of our school, repairs in church and the recent sealing and re-striping of our parking lot. The bulletin boards show pictures of Capital Campaign progress.
4. As we complete the work on our new parish hall, we are looking for someone who would be willing to pay for the purchase of a new refrigerator for its kitchen. The refrigerator will cost somewhere between $1,500 and 2,500. Please contact Gary Samaniego or Glen Lutz if you are interested in helping with this - or the purchase of the microwave.
5. Next Saturday the annual Catholic Charismatic Conference will take place in Everett. It has something for everyone. Please see the bulletin announcement for more information.
6. In September, the famous Franciscan singer, John Michael Talbot will at St. Francis of Assisi Church in Burien. Again, details are in the bulletin.
7. On Thursday afternoon we sent out a six month financial report to those who - between January 1 and June 30 - made donations to the parish using an envelope or check. If you notice any error in your report, please notify Monica or Mary at the office number. A big thank you to all who faithfully support Holy Family Parish.
8. Two weeks from today the St. Vincent de Paul truck will be at our parish for Bundle Sunday. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for further information about activities in Holy Family Parish and beyond.