Announcements (November 5, 2006)
1. Because of our focus on Stewardship, there will be no two-bit collection at this Mass - or for the next two weeks. If you have filled out your Stewardship card, you may place it in the basket near the Communion rail.
2. Next Sunday we will be hearing from one of our parishioners who will share with us a “Witness Presentation” - their story of how God has blessed them, their gratefulness, and how they are sharing those blessings. During this coming week please reflect on God’s generosity to you and re-evaluate how you are giving back a portion of those blessings to the parish and be sure to fill out your Stewardship Commitment Cards. You will have an opportunity next week on “Commitment Sunday” to turn in your cards or you may mail them to the Parish Office if you prefer.
3. In the vestibule you will find copies of the Holy Family Parish Handbook which lists ministries, apostolates and spirituality resources of the parish. As you reflect on your own Stewardship of Time and Talent, please consider volunteering to help with a parish ministry. The Handbook contains contact numbers.
4. As you will see in Mr. Lutz’ column in the bulletin, this week Holy Family School children begin a food drive for the St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank. We will also be receiving toys for children in Peru. At the end of the month, the Peruvian Consulate in Seattle will send a container with toys, food and school supplies for needy children. These articles may be dropped off at the parish office.
5. This is the last Sunday to order Christmas wreathes. If you have not yet done so, place your order with St. Martha’s Sodality in the vestibule.
6. Next Sunday our Knight of Columbus will host a pancake and French toast breakfast to support seminarians of the Archdiocese.
7. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for other important news including a new “Home Groups” program - and other opportunities for growing spiritually and building community.