Announcements (April 5, 2009)
1. The second collection is for Deanery Hospital Ministry. In Fr. Bloom's column this week, you can read an explanation of this collection - and of our two-bit collections in general.
2. Also in today's bulletin you will find the full schedule for Holy Week. You are especially encouraged to attend the Mass of the Last Supper, Thursday at 7 p.m., the Good Friday Liturgy at 6 p.m. and, above all, the Easter Vigil, Saturday evening at 8 p.m. Our Easter Vigil will be somewhat streamlined by focusing on three Old Testament readings. Various children and adults will receive the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation. And the music will be beautiful. Please make plans to attend this year's Easter Vigil.
3. The Divine Mercy Novena begins Good Friday at 3 p.m. and concludes at the same time on Mercy Sunday (April 19). This year Fr. Frank Pavone of Priests for Life will be with us for the conclusion of the Novena. In the vestibule you may pick up booklets on the Divine Mercy Novena. You can find the full schedule on the front of today's bulletin.
4. Today's bulletin has flier from Archbishop Brunett on "Understanding Religious Freedom." The flier explains the true meaning of "separation of Church and state" and gives "talking points" on this important topic.
5. Frs. Bloom and Red will be available for Confessions on Wednesday evening beginning at 7:30 - and Holy Saturday from 3 to 5 p.m. Please be sure to take home this special edition of the bulletin and read it carefully. Thank you.
Avisos (5 de abril de 2009)
1. La segunda colecta es para Ministerio de Hospitales. En el boletin el Padre Felipe tiene una explicacion de esta colecta - y las segundas colectas en general.
2. En la portada del boletin hay el horario completo para la Semana Santa. Quisieramos invitarles especialmente a la Misa de la Ultima Cena a las 7 p.m. este Jueves Santo. Ademas hay Liturgia de Viernes Santo a las 7:30 p.m. y la Vigilia Pascual, domingo a las 4 a.m.
3. Los Padres Red y Bloom estaran disponibles para confesiones el dia miercoles a las 7:30 p.m. y Sabado de Gloria, de 3 a 5 p.m.
4. Favor de llevar un boletin para mas noticias e informacion. Gracias.