Announcements (December 2, 2007)
1. Our two-bit this Sunday is for Deanery Prison Ministry. Your contributions will enable Holy Family Parish to do its part in supporting the work of Catholic chaplains at the King County Jail.
2. This coming Saturday, December 8, is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. As the patronal feast of our nation, the Immaculate Conception is a Holy Day of Obligation. We will have a vigil Mass on Friday evening at 6 p.m. in English and 7:30 p.m. in Spanish. On Saturday morning we will have Mass in English at 8 a.m. After that Mass we will dedicate and bless the statue of Our Lady of La Vang, located on the West side of our church. You are all encouraged to attend this special event. You will find more information in Fr. Bloom’s column.
3. As you will see in the bulletin, 278 families of our parish have returned their Stewardship Commitment Cards. Please check the list to make sure your name is included. If you have not yet returned your card, you will find a pledge form at the ends of the pews and at the church entrances.
4. This Thursday is the First Thursday of December. Fr. Bloom and Fr. Velasco will be available for confessions - for 6 to 8 p.m.
5. The Anniversary Mass for Deputy Steve Cox will be celebrated at 2:30 p.m. this Sunday. All are welcome to attend.
6. St. Martha’s Sodality invites you to a Free Breakfast after our morning Masses. Please join your fellow parishioners and enjoy a delicious breakfast.
7. Finally, be sure to pick up a Sunday bulletin. Along with the bulletin you may pick up a copy of “What Every Parent Should Know About The Golden Compass.” Parents are encouraged to inform themselves so that they can guide their children regarding this movie.