Announcements (October 29, 2006)
1. Our second collection is for Birthright. Your donations will help volunteers from our parish in their work of assisting those facing a crisis pregnancy. We appreciate your prayers and support for this vital work.
2. Thank you also for your support of our parish St. Vincent de Paul. In the bulletin your will find their annual report, which outlines how your donations were utilized to assist the poor.
3. This Tuesday evening the Knights of Columbus are sponsoring a free Halloween Party. Mr. Lutz has more information on the Halloween Party in his School News column. As he notes, this party is not only for Holy Family School Children, but all children of our parish. Bring your family on October 31 for a safe and fun evening.
4. Wednesday, November 1, is the Feast of All Saints. There will be Mass in English at 8:30 in the morning and 6 p.m. in the evening. The Thursday All Souls Day Mass is at 8:30 a.m. In the evening there will be confessions from 6 to 8 p.m.
5. In this Sunday’s bulletin you will find a column relating to Stewardship. As you can see, our theme this year is “God Gives it All - Then Calls Us to Share.” This week all registered parishioners will receive a letter which explains the importance of Stewardship in our lives. New this year, in addition to the “Stewardship of Treasure” cards, you will also find a card entitled, “Stewardship of Time.” I ask that you please prayerfully read this card and consider how you might pledge of your time in these vital ways to God. Next Sunday Deacon Ted will be explaining this “Stewardship of Time” card more thoroughly, and you will also have an opportunity at that time to return it in the offering.
6. St. Martha’s Sodality members are taking orders for Christmas Wreathes in the vestibule of the church. The wreathes will be available for pickup the first week of December.
7. Next Saturday morning our Catholic Evidence Guild will offer a presentation regarding Jehovah Witnesses. Please see the bulletin for more information and be sure to take home a bulletin for information about religious education for children, as well as adult education opportunities.