Announcements (November 26, 2006)
1. We have a two-bit collection this Sunday to support our parish Birthright. You donations will provide supplies and other support for the trained volunteers who work with women facing crisis pregnancies. Our Birthright Office is open at various hours during the week. Also on the front of the bulletin you can find numbers to call for assistance.
2. As Pope Benedict XVI prepares for his apostolic visit to Turkey this week, the Knights of Columbus are inviting all Catholics to make a “spiritual pilgrimage” with the pope by uniting in prayer for the success of his first journey to a primarily Muslim nation. The Knights ask you to join them in praying daily from now until the conclusion of the Pope’s trip on Friday, Dec. 1. A special spiritual pilgrimage prayer has been composed for this purpose and may be found in the white flier in today’s bulletin.
3. This past week we sent thank-you letters to those who have filled out Stewardship pledge cards. If you returned a card - and do not receive an acknowledgment - please let us know. This week we will send reminders to those who have not yet made their pledge. Thank you for commitment of time, abilities and financial resources through Holy Family Parish.
4. This Friday we will have a special service in the Tice Hall after the 8:30 a.m. Mass. It will involve blessing a crucifix which will be placed next to the donors’ plaque. Please see principal Glen Lutz “School News” column for further information.
5. The funeral Mass for Maria Peltola will take place this Wednesday at 11 a.m. The Wednesday evening 6 p.m. Mass will be a memorial Mass in honor of Dorothy Jensen. All are invited to support these families during their time of loss. It is not too late to fill out and return a card.
6. Next Saturday morning three Holy Family converts will tell their story: “Why We Became Roman Catholics.” The presentation will take place from 10 a.m. till noon in the Sharon Carriere Library of the Ailbe House.
7. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for news about these and other events in our school and parish.