Announcements (November 25, 2007)
1. This Sunday we have a two-bit collection for the Randy Terlicker Fund. Randy Terlicker was a graduate of Holy Family School, who as a firefighter gave his life in the 1995 Pang warehouse fire. This fund, in honor of Randy Terlicker, assists students who desire to attend Holy Family School. Principal Glen Lutz’ column has more information on the Randy Terlicker Tuition Assistance Fund.
2. Speaking of those who lived a life of service and made the ultimate sacrifice, next Sunday Holy Family Parish has the honor of offering the First Anniversary Memorial Mass for Deputy Steve Cox. Steve’s wife, family members and many uniformed police officers will be present for the Mass. All Holy Family parishioners are welcome to attend. The Mass begins at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 2. You will find more information in the bulletin.
3. A big “thank you” to all who turned in the Stewardship Pledge. As of Wednesday, we have 224 families pledging $227,032.25. This week we will be sending thank-you letters to those who have pledged – and also a reminder letter to those we have not yet heard from. If you have not yet turned in your pledge, please do so as soon as possible by mail or by dropping it off at the parish office. Pledge forms are available in the pews and at the church entrances.
4. In Father Bloom’s column you will find information on an upcoming movie based on books that combine atheism and occultism. The movie, unfortunately, is directed toward children. In addition to Fr. Bloom’s column, you will find in the vestibule a four-page interview entitled “What Every Parent Should Know About The Golden Compass” and single sheet summarizing the “Six Myths of Atheism.” Parents are encouraged to inform themselves so that they can guide their children regarding this movie.
5. On December 8 we will have the formal dedication of the new statue of Our Lady of La Vang. The dedication will take place after the 8 a.m. Mass that Saturday. All are welcome and encouraged to attend this special event.
6. Next Sunday is the First Sunday of Advent. At the 11 a.m. Mass we will have the Rite of Acceptance for adults and young people who are preparing for the Easter Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist. Next Sunday the 2007-2008 Sunday Missal goes into effect. (hold up a copy) It contains the readings and prayers for the Sunday and Feast of the coming year. You can purchase you own copy for only five dollars in the vestibule.
7. Finally, be sure to pick up a Sunday bulletin. It is free and it contains much useful information and news.