Announcements (June 24, 2007)
1. Our two-bit collection today is for Deanery Hospital Ministry. As part of the South Seattle Deanery, Holy Family Parish helps support the work of Catholic chaplains at Swedish, Harborview and Virginia Mason Hospitals. Your donations will enable us support those who minister to the ill in our name.
2. Holy Family School office will be closed during July. If you have a child to register for our parish school, please contact the office this week. In the School News column of the bulletin you will find further information. If you know someone in our area who has a child between the ages of pre-Kindergarten and eighth grade, let them know about Holy Family School.
3. Attention: Young men ages 15-25. Please see the announcement in the bulletin regarding Quo Vadis Days, which begins this Sunday evening. It is a three-day camp experience to learn more about the priesthood. You may contact Fr. Bloom for more information.
4. Next Saturday we begin Holy Family Parish Children’s Bible Camp. It is an overnight experience for children ages 4 to 10. Please see the rose colored flier in today’s bulletin for information and registration form.
5. Archbishop Brunett will visit Holy Family Parish this Tuesday, June 26, for the Feast of St. Josemaría Escrivá. At 7 p.m. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate a Mass in English. All are welcome to attend.
6. At the church entrances you will find envelopes for those who are going to be away during the summer. During summer our parish income drops. Holy Family Parish needs your ongoing support.
7. In today’s bulletin you will find a flier about the annual Peter’s Pence Collection to support the work of our Holy Father, Pope Benedict. More than 98 cents of every dollar contributed goes to the pope’s spiritual and charitable works.
8. Finally the bulletin has the summer schedule for Sacred Heart Radio. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for news about our parish and beyond. Thank you.