Announcements (July 23, 2006)
1. Our two-bit collection is for the support of seminarians and infirm priests. Your contributions will go toward our Annual Catholic Appeal goal for 2006-2007.
2. July 23 to July 29 is Natural Family Planning Awareness Week. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate a closing Mass next Saturday at 11 a.m. at Blessed Sacrament Church. All are welcome. See the bulletin board for full information.
3. Also this Sunday Archbishop Brunett has asked us to make this a day of prayer and penance to implore God for the precious gift of peace in the Middle East. As always, our Blessed Sacrament Chapel is open, day and night, for those who wish to bring this an other intentions before the Lord.
4. Parish Administrator Gary Samaniego is seeking volunteers with carpentry and plumbing skills. Also we need people who can help once a month with counting of collections. Full information can be found in the bulletin.
5. We have obtained an additional date for pictures for our pictorial directory. Olan Mills photographers will be here next Saturday. You may sign up after Mass. (After 11 and 12:30 Masses, St. Martha’s Sodality will be selling ice cream.)
6. As a fund-raising project our parish is recycling inkjet cartridges. Please see the bulletin for a full description.
7. The funeral for Roxanne Gritten will take place this coming Friday at 10 a.m. That day we will be repairing and re-striping the main parking lot, so parking will be on the lots on either side of Roxbury Street.
8. For full information about parish and archdiocesan events - as well as Bishop Yanta’s letter on Modesty of Dress at Mass - please take home a bulletin.