Announcements (March 18, 2007)
1. The two-bit collection this Sunday is for Catholic Relief Service. Each year on the Fourth Sunday of Lent, the American Bishops take up this collection to aid our needy brothers and sisters in other countries. Catholic Relief Services responds to natural disasters such as earthquakes, as well as promoting local development through self-help projects. If you brought your CRS envelope you may place it in this collection – or you can drop it off at the parish office.
2. You are invited to join the annual Cathedral Walk next Saturday. Those participating in this pilgrimage will leave from Holy Family at 7 a.m. Upon arrival at St. James Cathedral, the pilgrims will have the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. There will be forty to fifty priests at St. James Cathedral next Saturday for Confessions. Even if you are not participating in the Walk, you may come to St. James Cathedral, anytime from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive reconciliation and new life by the Sacrament of Confession. That is next Saturday, March 24.
3. It is not too late to take advantage of the Lenten Soup Suppers: Friday evenings, beginning at 5 p.m. in the Tice Hall, followed by Stations of the Cross at 6 p.m. in the Church.
4. At the 11 a.m. Mass next Sunday we will have the Third (and final) Scrutiny. You are invited to join in praying for our Catechumens and Candidates as they prepare for the Easter sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
5. Our Knights of Columbus ask you to reserve Saturday, March 31, to join in the Annual Spring Clean. The bulletin has information on how you can help. Please be sure to take home a bulletin for other important announcements. Thank you.