Announcements (February 18, 2007)
1. Our two-bit collection is for our parish St. Vincent de Paul. Your donations will enable our St. Vincent de Paul volunteers serve the needy in our own parish. Besides your financial contributions, we need caring and compassionate people who can assist in this work. In coming weeks you will find information in the bulletin about the work of our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society.
2. This Wednesday we begin the holy season of Lent. The bulletin contains the full schedule of Masses and services at which we will have the distribution of ashes. Please also notice the Lenten rules for fasting and abstinence.
3.On Friday evenings of Lent, you are invited to come to the Soup Supper and Stations of the Cross. This Friday the Soup Supper and Stations will be part of the Fr. Corapi Retreat. Even if you are not attending the talks, you may come to the Soup Supper at 5 in the Tice Hall and Stations at 6 p.m. in the church. Also there will be a number of priest confessors available on Friday evening and Saturday during the day for those who wish to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Please see Fr. Bloomís column for more information.
4. If you had your picture taken for the Parish Pictorial Directory, you may pick up your copy after Mass ________________________________
5. New Catholic Lighthouse CDís are available in the church vestibule. You may pick up your CD for a $3 donation. Please place your donation in the collection.
6. On March 2 the pre-K classroom will be dedicated in honor of Nell and Al Wheeler. This event is part of our parish Capital Campaign. It will take place after the morning Mass, the Friday after next. All are welcome.
7. Attention Junior High students: The Archdiocesan Jr. High Rally will take place Saturday, March 3 at Highline Community College. Please see the announcement in the bulletin.
8. Todayís bulletin contains information about Operation Rice Bowl, the Delridge Home Group - and other parish activities. Please be sure to take home a copy of the bulletin and read it carefully. Thank you.