Announcements (September 17, 2006)
1. Our second collection is for St. Vincent de Paul. Your contributions will assist the needy in our own parish neighborhoods through the work of our St. Vincent de Paul members. Your generosity is appreciated.
2. Next Sunday our Knights of Columbus are sponsoring a soccer challenge for all children, 10 to 14 years of age. For more information call Macabe Mooney whose number is in the bulletin.
3. After this Mass, St. Martha’s Sodality is hosting an open house in the new ground level parish hall. The new hall is accessible to those who are handicapped. Also, seniors and others who have difficulty climbing stairs, now have easy access to this hall. Come over and see what we have accomplish thanks to your support for our parish Capital Campaign. St. Martha’s Sodality will provide some light refreshments to those who come to this Open House.
4. At the entrances of the church you may pick up a copy of Pope Benedict’s address at the University of Regensburg. It is titled “Three Stages in the Program of De-Hellenization.” The address is prefaced by a short statement “A Clear and Radical Rejection of Religious Motivation for Violence” which explains the Holy Father's intent. The media took a few lines out of the address and, in doing so, provoked a reaction in the Islamic world. We encourage you to read the entire address and form your own judgement. The talk is very much worth reading.
5. In today’s bulletin you will find information on religious education opportunities for children and adults, as well as information about our school and various parish activities. Please take home a bulletin for information.