Announcements (May 16, 2004)
1. The two-bit collection this Sunday will go toward the Holy Family School Scholarship Fund. Your donations will not only help educate a child, but will help the finances of our parish school.
2. Thank you for your response last Sunday to the Annual Catholic Appeal. 302 parishioners returned envelopes for a total pledge of almost forty thousand dollars. If you have not yet turned in your envelope, please drop it off at the rectory or place it in next Sunday's collection. If you are unable to contribute this year - or for whatever reason do not choose to contribute - we ask you to simply fill out an envelope and place "0" (or write "prayers") in the pledge box. In this way we will know not to send a follow-up letter and it will count toward our participation goal of 500. Thank you.
3. Next Sunday's two-bit collection is for our Parish St. Vicent de Paul. Many parishioners do not realize the kind of work they do to help the needy in our own neighborhoods. Please see the bulletin for some examples.
4. This Sunday's bulletin has many other important announcements. I would like to call your attention to these upcoming activities:
--On Saturday, June 4 we will have our first annual School and Parish Luau. Please see the School News section of the bulletin for more information.
--The Filipino Community invites you to the Flores de Mayo Celebration next Sunday, May 23, beginning at 4 p.m.
--Next month on June 12 Mark Shea will return to Holy Family for a conference on how to read the Bible as early Christians did. This will lead into a year-long, in-depth Bible study.
5. (After morning Masses: Scrip is for sale. Registration after all Masses.) Please be sure to take home a bulletin for other important information.