Announcements (January 7, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection today is for the Apostolate for Perpetual Adoration. Your donations will assist Fr. Victor Warkulwiz, M.S.S., in this important work. You may place your Holy Hour commitment forms in the basket. On Sunday evening at 7 p.m. there will be a meeting for 24-hour coordinators in the Ailbe House Library. If you are able to help, please attend this meeting.
2. Last Sunday, Holy Family Sunday, the two-bit collection was for Mary Bloom Center in Peru. $603 were contributed in our English Masses. The two-bit collections in our New Year's Masses were for Holy Family Aids Ministry. $205 were donated. Thank you for your support of our parish outreach to the needy in our community and in our world.
3. As you can see in this Sunday's bulletin, we did exceed our six month financial goal - by about $5000. This is a wonderful sign of your support for Holy Family and your commitment to return to God the first fruits of what you have received from Him. I would like to say a special word of thanks to those who made generous year-end donations to Holy Family - and of course to encourage all to give sacrificially to our parish.
4. Holy Family is seeking a full time parish secretary who can also serve as Assistant Bookkeeper. Please see the notice in the bulletin and call Parish Administrator Tom Weber if you desire more information.
5. Pre-marriage classes begin next Sunday, January 14 at 7 p.m.. If you plan on getting married in 2001, please come to this course.
6. If you have not made a Marriage Encounter, consider that weekend for marriage enrichment. Please see the notice in the bulletin.
7. The parish liturgy committee will meet on Friday, January 12, 6 p.m. in the rectory.
8. The Widows and Widowers Group will have a Potluck meeting on Thursday, Jan 11, 11:30 a.m. in the Ailbe House Library.
9. Boston College Professor of Philosophy, Peter Kreeft, will be giving a lecture entitled "How to Win the Culture War" on Monday January 8 at Seattle Pacific University (Gwinn Commons) at 7:30 p.m. Call Discovery Institute 206-292-0401 for more information.
10. Darcy Hemstad, R.N. will be here on Saturday, Jan 27 to offer instructions on the use of the Billings Method of Natural Family Planning, 10 a.m. in the rectory.
11. The Catholic Physicians of the Archdiocese of Seattle are organizing a Catholic Guild for Western Washington. The Guild is affiliated with the Catholic Medical Association. They are compiling a mailing list and ask that you pick up an information card from the vestibule, fill it out and return it to the parish office which will then return it to the Office of Catholic Faith Formation at the Chancery.
12. The Knights of Columbus will be serving a delicious Pancake and French Toast Breakfast next Sunday after the morning Masses. Also please plan on attending the annual Crab Dinner and Valentines Day Dance on January 27.
13. For long range planning: Archbishop Brunett will ordain Armando Perez as a transitional deacon July 15, 10 a.m. here in Holy Family Parish.
14. El arzobispo Brunett celebrará el sacramento de confirmación en nuestra parroquia el 15 de mayo a las 7 p.m.
15. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Last year Scrip netted several thousand dollars for our school and parish. By using scrip for your purchases of gasoline, food, etc. you help Holy Family - at no additional cost to yourself.