Announcements (September 19, 1999)
1. Our two-bit collection today is for the Antonio Moreno family. As you might recall, Antonio died tragically on August 22. His widow, Blanca Moreno, faces the task of raising their five daughters on her own. They have been members of Holy Family Parish for a number of years and need our help.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday to the Build Hope Collection. $1,718 were collected at our six Masses.
3. The total in our first collection last Sunday was $10,590. This brings us close to our budget goal to date. However, due to expenses that come at the beginning of the school year, we are still in a very tight cash flow situation. Please remember to give sacrificially by supporting Holy Family Parish.
4. Our Rite of Christian Initiation Classes have just begun. If you know someone interested in the Catholic Faith or if you wish to grow in you own understanding of the faith, please come Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House Library.
5. Infant baptism classes will be Monday, September 27 and October 4. Please see the bulletin for information on how to register.
6. There will be Marriage Encounter weekends on Nov. 5-7 and Dec. 3-5. Registration information is in the bulletin.
7. The first meeting of our Parish Pro-Life committee will take place this Thursday evening, 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the rectory. Please see Fr. Bloom or Colleen Terlicker for further information.
Germaine Greer on Birth Control
Stem Cell Research: Teaching of Bible & Catholic Church
Human Cloning: A Catholic Perspective (How the Unthinkable Became Inevitable)