Announcements (September 16, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Disaster Relief. "The donations will be sent to Catholic social service agencies, partnering with disaster planning offices, who are serving those affected by the tragedies in New York City, Washington, D.C. and in Pennsylvania." (Missions Office - Archdiocese of Seattle)
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend for Build Hope. A total of $4,008.49 were donated. This collection supports Catholic Communications and the Campaign for Human Development.
3. Special Masses are scheduled for deceased children (Oct. 2, 7 p.m. at St. John's, Seattle) and for Healing (Oct 8 & 9) Please see bulletin for full information.
4. We are forming a Junior High Youth Group. If you are interested in participating, please come this Tuesday, 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House library.
5. You are invited to the celebration of Vespers, Benediction and Procession with Blessed Sacrament every Sunday afternoon at 4:30 p.m.
6. Please mark your calendar for our parish Italian dinner on October 6. There will be two seatings: 6 - 7:30 p.m. and 8 to 9 p.m. Proceeds will go toward replacing the stove in our school hall. Please see the bulletin for more details.
7. Our R.C.I.A. - Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults - is underway, each Thursday evening from 7 to 9 p.m. If you know someone interested in becoming Catholic, please invite them. If you are interested in deeping your understanding of the faith, please come to this series of classes on the basics of our Catholic faith.
8. Adoration of Jesus, truly present in the Blessed Sacrament, takes places in the Ailbe House Chapel every day, twenty fours hours a day, except Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. when we have exposition in our main church. Please set aside an hour each week to spend in prayer before our Eucharistic Lord.
9. Religious Education and Sacramental formation for First Communion begins Oct 7. More information in the bulletin. Please call Sr. Mary Clare, 767-6220 to register your child.
10. A Men's Silent Retreat, using the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola, will take place on the last weekend of October. The cost is $140 if you register before October 15. For more information and to register, please call Gary Samaniego, 425-788-4987.
11. Office Depot has a program where school supplies purchased there generate a credit of 5% for ones school. This program lasts until September 30. If you buy your child's school supplies at Office Depot, be sure to identify your school. If your child attends Holy Family, be sure to specify Holy Family Seattle since there is also Holy Family School in Kirkland and Auburn.
12. Holy Family T-Shirts and Sweatshirts are for sale after all Masses this weekend. Profits will go toward the purchase of a new stove for our school hall.
13. The Western Washington Charismatic Conference will take place Oct 5 - 6 in Everett. Please see the bulletin for full details.
14. The Mass in honor of St. Lorenzo Ruiz, the first Filipino saint, will be celebrated Friday, September 28 at 7 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
15. Please plan on joining the Life Chain at Seatac on October 7, 2-3:30 p.m. Contact Sarah Schaper 206-243-7515. Life Chain is nationwide tradition of the pro-life community. Each year on the first Sunday of October, peaople around our nation gather to hold signs with pro-life messages. Please see the bulletin boards for further information and phone numbers.
16. (Sunday Morning Masses) Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip is just like a gift certificate. The recepient can buy what they want and will be pleased to help out Holy Family at the same time. Please see the Scrip Tips in the bulletin for how it may be used to purchase sporting goods.