Announcements (September 7, 2003)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for our School Scholarship Fund. Your contribution will enable a child from a needy attend our parish school. Thank you for your support of our school and parish.
2. Thank you for your donations last weekend for Deanery Detention Ministry. $1040 were given in tht two-bit collections to enable our parish to support the work of Catholic chaplains who minister at King County Jail as well as other detention centers.
3. This Thursday September 11 we will have two Masses for World Peace. The first is at the regular time, 8:30 a.m. There will also be a bilingual Mass at 7 p.m.
4. There will be a three day Men's Silent Retreat in October. Please see the bulletin for more information and phone number for this wonderful opportunity.
5. On Monday evening there will be a meeting for parents of older children needing the sacraments of BAptism, Penance and Holy Communion. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. Please see the bulletin for full information. At the entrance of the church you will find letters to parents.
6. Also at the church entrances we have placed an important letter from Archbishop Brunett. On the reverse side is an outline of the postures for Mass.
7. We are forming a children's choir for our 5 p.m. Saturday evening Mass. All school age children are invited to join. Please contact Pat Waite. Her number is in the bulletin.
8. Inquiry classes for adults or older children interested in joining the Catholic Church or returning to the faith, will begin on September 11. Please call Lin Fulwiler to register. Lin's number is in the bulletin.
9. The parish raffle is kicking off. First prize will be $3000, second, one thousand and third, five hundred dollars. Tickets are two dollars each and $35 for a book of twenty. You may purchase your tickets in the parish office or on the raffle table in the vestibule.
10. This weekend will will have registrations for Religious Education Classes and for First Reconciliation and First Communion. Please contact Fr. Ramon for further information.
11. If you have not yet filled out a parish registration form or wish to update your form, please take one home, fill it out and either drop it by the office or in the Sunday collection.
12. For adults we have a Bible Study/Rosary group on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. For more information contact Joe Bruce whose number is in the bulletin.
13. Krispy Kreme Donuts are for sale after Mass this morning.
14. Scrip is for sale in the vestibule after the morning Masses. You can use Scrip to shop at Safeway, QFC, Fred Meyer and other stores. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.