Announcements (September 21, 2003)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for purchase of the new lot. To date we have $61,374 in pledges and $47,196 in payments. Also in various two-bit collections you have given $8,507. Thus we presently have a total of $55,703 in our new property account, along with $14,178 in pledges not yet received. Thank you for your support which has enabled us to obtain this valuable piece of property for the use of our parish.
2. Thank you for your donations last weekend for Build Hope. $1,419 were given for this archdiocesan collection to support Catholic Communications and the Catholic Campaign for Human Development.
3.The Children's Choir is getting ready to sing at our 5 p.m. Saturday evening Mass. All school age children may participate. Please contact Pat Waite. Her number is in the bulletin.
4. There will be a three day Men's Silent Retreat in October. Please see the bulletin for more information and phone number for this wonderful opportunity.
5. Next Sunday, September 28, is the Feast of San Lorenzo Ruiz. The Mass in his honor will begin at 3:30 (not 12:30) p.m. All are invited to attend.
6. Please reserve October 11 for our Parish Potluck sponsored by Perpetual Adoration Participants. Please see the bulletin announcement regarding food items to bring.
7. Inquiry classes, for adults or older children interested in joining the Catholic Church or returning to the faith, have begun. To attend, please come to the Ailbe House Library at 7 p.m. on Thursday. For more information, you may call Lin Fulwiler.
8. Please purchase your tickets for our parish raffle. First prize will be $3000, second, one thousand and third, five hundred dollars. Tickets are two dollars each and $35 for a book of twenty. You may purchase your tickets in the parish office or on the raffle table in the vestibule.
9. This weekend we have registrations for Religious Education Classes including First Reconciliation and First Communion. For full information, please contact Fr. Ramon.
10. If you have not yet filled out a parish registration form or wish to update your form, please take one home, fill it out and either drop it by the office or in the Sunday collection.
11. For adults we have a Bible Study/Rosary group on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. This Sunday will feature a video on the Gospel of Luke and the Road to Emmaus. For more information contact Joe Bruce whose number is in the bulletin.
12. The Holy Family School "Gift Wrap" fundraiser ends on September 26. Please see the bulletin announcement for how you can participate.
13. Our Tuesday evening Latin Mass will be a Requiem Mass for the eternal respose of Maria Sainz, mother of Deacon Abel Magaņa. All are welcome. The Mass begins at 8:30 p.m.
14. You can use Scrip at Hollywood Video, Denny's, Domino's Pizza, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Safeway, QFC, Fred Meyer and other businesses. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.