Announcements (October 19, 2003)
1. Today is World Mission Sunday. Please place your envelopes or cash donations in this collection.
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend toward the the payment of newly acquired lot. $971 were given.
3.The Children's Choir is now singing at our 5 p.m. Saturday evening Mass. All school age children may participate. Please contact Pat Waite. Her number is in the bulletin.
4. Also we are forming an adult choir to sing for Christmas Midnight Mass - and the service of Lessons and Carols which will proceed that Mass. Please see the bulletin for rehearsal times and the phone number of Paul Grady.
5. There will be a three day Men's Silent Retreat on the last weekend of October. Please see the bulletin board for more information and the registration form.
6. Thank you for your support of our parish St. Vincent de Paul. Last year Holy Family Parish gave $18 thousand in collections and donations to assist the poor in our own neighborhoods. This week's bulletin contains a financial report for their fiscal year. Next weekend's two-bit collection will be for St. Vincent de Paul.
7. On October 31 we will have the drawaing for our parish raffle. If you did not receive a book of tickets in the mail, please notify the rectory. Tickets are available in the vestibule after Mass and in the rectory office during the week. Also we need volunteers to help sell the remaining tickets. Please call Monica at the rectory.
8. Every Thursday evening we have RCIA classes for non-Catholics - and for Catholics who wish to learn more about our faith. There is a special class for children of catechetical age who have not yet been baptized. Please call the parish office for more information.
9. Also we have a Bible Study/Rosary group on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. Please contact Joe Bruce whose number is in the bulletin.
10. Catholic Cemeteries has a violet colored flier in this Sunday's bulletin. Please use the business reply card to obtain a free copy of the Pre-Need Planner.
11. This Sunday afternoon we begin our Evenings for The Engaged classes. Please pray for the engaged couples preparing for matrimony. If you wish to attend, but have not yet registered, please come to the Ailbe House Library by 4 p.m. today.
13. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.