Announcements (October 17, 1999)
1. Our two-bit collection today is for the Human Life of Washington. As we celebrate Respect Life Month it is important that we support pro-life organizations such as Human Life of Washington.
2. Thank you for your donations last weekend for the First Avenue Service Center. $561 were donated to help the homeless here in Seattle.
3. Next Sunday is World Mission Sunday. The Second Collection will be for the Propagation of the Faith. Please use the special envelope to support the missionary work of our Church.
4. There are some important announcements in the bulletin regarding first confession and first communion classes for children. These sacramental preparation classes will begin on Monday evening, October 25, from 6:45 to 8:30 p.m. Please be sure your child is registered for these classes in order to receive the sacraments of reconciliation and communion.
5. The first class of the RICA for children will be this Monday, October 16. These classes are for children ages 6-14 who have not been baptized or received the sacraments of Penance and Eucharist, who are coming into the Church through their families who are taking part in the adult RCIA program.
6. The RCIA for adults continues on Wednesday evening. This is also a good course for Catholic returning to the Church.
7. For Youth and Young Adults there is a special group forming to learn and discuss faith, serve the community as well as pray and enjoy friendship. Please call the number in the bulletin for further information.
8. In a few weeks we are celebrating the feast of All Saints and All Souls. This is a good time to pre-plan arrangements with a Catholic Cemetery to spare loved ones unnecessary financial and emotion burden. Even if you are contemplating cremation, you need your Catholic Cemetery. Please see the flier in the bulletin.
9. The next three and a half weeks I will be in Peru at the Mary Bloom Center. I am most grateful to Fr. Gallagher and Deacon Ted who will be celebrating the English Masses, as well as Fr. Adrian Luevano who is celebrating the Spanish Masses. Fr. Adrian is an expert in the Shroud of Turin and will be giving a bilingual presentation during his time here. Please be alert for the exact time and place.