Announcements (November 9, 2003)
1. Our two-bit collection will go toward Holy Family School scholarship fund. Your contribution will enable a needy family to send their child to our school - and will help keep our school and parish financially sound.
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend for the boiler debt: $995. We are gradually repaying the long term loan for the replacement of boilers in school and Ailbe House. Your donations will help toward that goal.
3. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate the sacrament of Confirmation at Holy Family on April 28. We will begin preparations during winter 2004. Those 16-20 should contact Fr. Ramon for more information.
4. Younger children, second grade and above, who have not yet received First Reconciliation and First Communion should likewise contact Fr. Ramon or Monica at the parish office.
5. Our Children's Choir, which sings at the 5 p.m. Saturday Mass will also be singing for our Christmas eve Children's mass. All school age children may participate. Please contact Pat Waite. Her number is in the bulletin.
6. Also we are forming an adult choir to sing for Christmas Midnight Mass - and the service of Lessons and Carols which will proceed that Mass. Please see the bulletin for rehearsal times and the phone number of Paul Grady.
7. The Knights are serving a delicious pancake, french toast and sausage breakfast after all morning Masses this Sunday.
8. On November 15-16 will have Ministry Day presentation after all Masses. Various groups in the parish will have tables to explain their work. This is a way of showing parishioners different possibilities for dedication of Time and Talent. If you have a group who would like put up a display, please contact Tom Weber or Betty Weller.
9. Next baptism classes will be November 10 and 17 at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House Library.
10. These next couple of weeks we will be taking orders for wreaths, garlands and other similar Christmas decorations. These decorations are grown by Sherwood Farms in the pacific northwest, who then sells them at wholesale to churches as fundraisers. You can help support the parish by ordering these decorations. Order forms with pictures and prices are available in the vestibule or in school hall so that the order can be placed and decorations received in time for Christmas.
11. In this week's bulletin you will find a registration form and schedule for the Fr. Corapi Retreat on March 5-6 - Friday evening and all day Saturday until the the 5 p.m. Mass. Fr. Corapi has an important message for high school students and young adults. Please register now.
12. Next Sunday is Commitment Sunday for Parish Stewardship. Please bring your pledge cards to Mass.
13. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.