Announcements (November 30, 2003)
1. Today's two-bit collection will go toward costs involved in clearing the new parish lot. Special thanks to Tien Le for donating his labor and equipment. By demolishing the buildings on the lot and clearing the debris, he saved the parish a good sum of money. The collection will go toward paying for hauling away and dumping the debris.
2. Thank you to all who returned their sacrificial giving pledge. As of last weekend we received 312 pledges totalling $253,048. If you did not place your sacrificial giving pledge in the main collection, you may do so now or bring it next Sunday.
3. Thank you for your contributions last weekend toward the payment of the boiler debt. $1176 were donated in our seven weekend Masses.
4. We continue the feasibility study to measure the level of support for the projects within our parish Master Plan. Thank you to those who have given time for a personal interview. This week we will send a letter to all parishioners with a questionnaire. The vital input from our parish members will enable us to plan for the future of our campus and make educated decisions about a possible fundraising campaign. Please plan to participate in the feasibility study. Thank you, in advance, for your feedback and counsel as we make plans for the needs of our parish community
5. In the bulletin you will find the full schedule for Simbang Gabi, a pre-Christmas novena sponsored by our Filipino Community. All parishioners are cordially invited to participate.
6. Those 16-20 who are interested in Confirmation should contact Fr. Ramon as soon as possible. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate Confirmation Holy Family on April 28.
7. Frs. Bloom and Velasco will be available for confessions this Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m.
8. If you are able to purchase a Christmas present for a needy family, please take a slip from one of the baskets at the church entrances. Our parish St. Vincent de Paul and Madre Teresa group will distribute the gifts. Please bring them unwrapped to the church by December 16. Also they are receiving non-perishable food items for distribution to needy families.
9. Do you know someone who formely participated in Holy Family Parish? Fr. Bloom will be sending out letters inviting them to "Come Home for Christmas." Slips are available at the entrances to write down the names and addresses of people to whom you would like Fr. Bloom to send a letter. The slips need to be returned by December 14.
10. In the vestibule of the Church is bulletin board requesting prayers for soldiers who are serving overseas. If you have a relative, friend or loved one who is serving in a foreign country, please bring their picture to post so that we might all for them.
11. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. Use Scrip for your Thanksgiving shopping and also for Christmas gifts. It costs nothing extra and is a great way to support our school and parish.