Announcements (November 25, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Catholic Detention Ministry. Your contributions will support this ministry to inmates of jails and prisons in the Archdiocese of Seattle.
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend for our Courage. $608 were donated to support this Catholic organization for people struggling with same sex attractions and desiring to live Jesus' teaching on chastity. The local Courage chapter meets every Friday evening at 7:30 p.m. in Holy Family Rectory.
3. Holy Family Youth group is sponsoring a spaghetti dinner on December 8 at 6:30 p.m. Proceeds will go to our parish St. Vincent de Paul. Please see notice in the bulletin.
4. There will be a series of Natural Family Planning Classes offered at St. John's Parish in Seattle. Please call Suzanne GAllus at 206-783-2939 for more information.
5. Volunteer Chore Services is seeking volunteers to assist elderly who want to continue to live independently. Please call Iris Weaver or Ronie Schroeder whose numbers are in the bulletin. Also please see the display in the vestible of the Church.
6. We need substitutes and new adorers for Eucharistic adoration. Please call Joe or Betty (numbers are in bulletin). Sacrament. Adoration takes places in the Ailbe House Chapel every day, twenty fours hours a day, except Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. when we have exposition in our main church.
7. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is recited each Wednesday at noon to pray for those of Holy Family Parish who are ill. You are cordially invited to join this prayer in our church before the Blessed Sacrament.
8. Vespers and Benediction takes place at 7:15 every Sunday evening. All are welcome to participate in this inspiring prayer.
9. Attention Youth and Young Adults: The High School Bible Study Group meets every Sunday evening. If you wish to participate, simply come to the Ailbe House library at 5 p.m. The Junior High group, ages 12 to 15, takes place Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. Please call Vernon Wells at the rectory for more information.
10. Confirmation classes for those 16-20 will begin January 14. Confirmation will be given by Archbishop Brunett of May 23. Please call Vernon Wells for more information and to register.
11. Jason Evert will be giving a presentation on Teen Chastity – Love, Sex and Relationships. The title of Jason’s talk is “What If We Really Love Each Other?” It will take place December 4, 7 p.m. at St. Charles Borremeo, 7112 South 12th St. in Tacoma. The drive would be well worth it. Jason is part of the Catholic Answers, a group of lay people committed to presenting and defending the faith.
12. (Sunday Morning Masses) Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip may be used to buy holiday gifts, for example a Toys "R" Us scrip certificate. Also available are Bon Scrip, Ace Hardware, QFC, Burger King, etc.
Germaine Greer on Birth Control
Stem Cell Research: Teaching of Bible & Catholic Church
Human Cloning: A Catholic Perspective (How the Unthinkable Became Inevitable)