Announcements (November 24, 2002)
1. The two-bit collection is for debt elimination. Thanks to your sacrificial giving, we are making progress. Last weekend in our English Masses 201 people filled out Sacrificial Giving commitment cards for a total of $184,302 pledged. If you have not yet filled out a card, please do so this week. You may place your card in the collection or drop it of at the rectory.
2. Thank you also to those who filled out the forms for Stewardship of time and talent. We received new volunteers in almost every area: religious education, choir, ladies sodality, knights, altar servers, CYO, building & landscape, money counters, ushers, lectors and eucharistic ministers. One area not listed on the commitment form was office help. We do need volunteers to help as receptionists, answering phone, stuffing envelopes, etc. in the parish office. If you are able to volunteer to help in the office, please call Tom Weber or Monica Orozco.
3. The Thanksgiving Day Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. this Thursday, Nov. 28. The Mass will focus on helping the needy among us. The collection will go to our Parish St. Vincent de Paul to help the poor of our neighborhoods and there will be a food collection to assist the needy. Besides canned or non-perishable food for the poor, please also bring an item from your Thanksgiving diner to bless at the end of Mass.
4. Parents who wish to have their children receive the Sacraments of First Penance and Communion, should take part in the Religious Education Classes. Please call the office to register. These classes are for children of Holy Family School as well as home school and public school children. For families returning to the practice of their faith, we are offering special help on Thursday evenings. Please contact Fr. Ramon, Lin Fulwiler or our parish office for complete details.
5. Please note the green flier in the bulletin reagrding the Blood Drive. The Bloodmobile will be at our parish on Tuesday, December 3, from 1 to 7 p.m. Sign up with Helene Romero to donate blood.
6. Consider joining the Bible Study and Rosary Prayer Group. They meet every Sunday evening at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House.
7. Eucharistic Adoration (Thanksgiving Day schedule)
8. The Third Grade class of Holy Family School will present a Thanksgiving Play, this Wednesday at 11:15 a.m. in the Hall. All are welcome.
9. If you plan on ordering Scrip to use for Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers, your order needs to be placed by Friday, Dec. 6. Also Scrip will be for sale after Sunday morning Masses.
10. Please keep the parish council in your prayers as the continue to work on the formulation of a strategic plan to address the issues surfaced in the listening sessions. We will continue to keep you updated in these announcements, in our parish mailings and bulletin.
11. Please also pray for Fr. Ramon and his sister, Rosa, as they return to the Philippines for the funeral of their mom. The funeral will take place this Thursday. Fr. Ramon has scheduled a return flite for December 4, the Wednesday after next.