Announcements (November 23, 2003)
1. Today's two-bit collection will go toward payment of our boiler debt. Each month we have a second collection for that purpose and we are making progress in lowering that debt.
2. If you did not place your sacrificial giving pledge in the main collection, you may do so now or bring it next Sunday. Thank you to all who used the pledge cards to plan your Stewardship.
3. Thank you for your contributions last weekend toward the payment for our newly acquired lot. This week we began the demolition of the shed and house and the clearing of that property A parishioner has volunteered his time and the use of his equipment. This is a great saving for our parish.
4. We continue the feasibility study to measure the level of support for the projects within our parish Master Plan. Thank you to those who have given time for a personal interview. This week we will have a focus group in Spanish and in December a group in English. During the first week of December all parishioners will receive a survey. The vital input from our parish members will enable us to plan for the future of our campus and make educated decisions about a possible fundraising campaign. Please plan to participate in the feasibility study. Thank you, in advance, for your feedback and counsel as we make plans for the needs of our parish community
5. In the bulletin you will find the full schedule for Simbang Gabi, a pre-Christmas novena sponsored by our Filipino Community. All parishioners are cordially invited to participate.
6. Father Ramon will return from the Philippines this Wednesday. Those 16-20 who are interested in Confirmation should contact him as soon as possible. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate Confirmation Holy Family on April 28.
7. Thanksgiving Day Mass will be at 9 a.m. this Thursday. Please bring a non-perishable item of food for the poor and an item of food from your Thanksgiving meal to be blessed at the end of Mass.
8. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. Use Scrip for your Thanksgiving shopping and also for Christmas gifts. It costs nothing extra and is a great way to support our school and parish.