Announcements (November 2, 2003)
1. Our two-bit collection will go toward the boiler debt. We are gradually repaying the long term loan for the replacement of boilers in school and Ailbe House. Your donations will help toward that goal. You contributions will enable them to assist the poor here in White Center.
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend for our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society. A total of $1188 were given toward assisting the needy thru St. Vincent de Paul and Madre Teresa.
3. Archbishop Brunett will celebrate the sacrament of Confirmation at Holy Family on April 28. We will begin preparations during winter 2004. Those 16-20 should contact Fr. Ramon for more information.
4. Younger children, second grade and above, who have not yet received First Reconciliation and First Communion should likewise contact Fr. Ramon or Monica at the parish office. Next baptism classes will be November 10 and 17 at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House Library.
5. Our Children's Choir, which sings at the 5 p.m. Saturday Mass will also be singing for our Christmas eve Children's mass. All school age children may participate. Please contact Pat Waite. Her number is in the bulletin.
6. Also we are forming an adult choir to sing for Christmas Midnight Mass - and the service of Lessons and Carols which will proceed that Mass. Please see the bulletin for rehearsal times and the phone number of Paul Grady.
7. Thank you to the Knights of Columbus for the wonderful Children's Halloween Party. The Knights will serve breakfast after all morning Masses next Sunday.
8. On November 15-16 will have Ministry Day presentation after all Masses. Various groups in the parish will have tables to explain their work. This is a way of showing parishioners different possibilities for dedication of Time and Talent. If you have a group who would like put up a display, please contact Tom Weber or Betty Weller.
9. Krispy Kreme donuts are for sale after Masses this Sunday morning.
10. These next couple of weeks we will be taking orders for wreaths, garlands and other similar Christmas decorations. These decorations are grown by Sherwood Farms in the pacific northwest, who then sells them at wholesale to churches as fundraisers. You can help support the parish by ordering these decorations. Order forms with pictures and prices are available in the vestibule or in school hall so that the order can be placed and decorations received in time for Christmas.
11. This Wednesday at our 6 p.m. English Mass we will celebrate a six month Mass for the eternal rest of Steve Antonow. All are welcome. Tuesday is election day - be sure to vote - and if you come by the school, purchase from our Student Council bake sale.
12. Special Thank you to all who worked on the raffle. We will have the exact totals next Sunday, but the parish earned over $10 thousand. The prize winners were: Teresa Evans of Puyallup, $500; Betty Weller of Holy Family, $1000 and Santos Gonzalez of Holy Family, $3,000.
13. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.