Announcements (November 18, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Courage. Courage is a Catholic organization for people struggling with same sex attractions and desiring to live Jesus' teaching on chastity. Your donations will help further the work of this nation wide organization. After the 11 a.m. we will show a video regarding Courage. Those interested in learning more should come to the rectory at noon.
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend for our school scholarship program. $537 were donated.
3. Holy Family Youth group is sponsoring a spaghetti dinner on December 8 at 6:30 p.m. Proceeds will go to our parish St. Vincent de Paul. Please see notice in the bulletin.
4. This Thursday (Nov. 22) we will celebrate our parish Thanksgiving Day Mass at 9 a.m. To participate in the Mass, which is the great prayer of thanksgiving, is the very best way to celebrate this holiday. I invite you to attend that Mass as a family and bring with you an item of food from your Thanksgiving meal to be blessed at the end of Mass. Also we will receive at the offertory time donations for our parish St. Vincent de Paul.
5. Volunteer Chore Services is seeking volunteers to assist elderly who want to continue to live independently. Please call Iris Weaver or Ronie Schroeder whose numbers are in the bulletin. Also please see the display in the vestible of the Church.
6. We need substitutes and new adorers for Eucharistic adoration. Please call Joe or Betty (numbers are in bulletin). Sacrament. Adoration takes places in the Ailbe House Chapel every day, twenty fours hours a day, except Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. when we have exposition in our main church.
7. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is recited each Wednesday at noon to pray for those of Holy Family Parish who are ill. You are cordially invited to join this beautiful prayer in our church before the Blessed Sacrament.
8. Vespers and Benediction takes place at 7:15 every Sunday evening. All are welcome to participate in this beautiful prayer.
9. Attention Youth and Young Adults: The High School Bible Study Group meets every Sunday evening. If you wish to participate, simply come to the Ailbe House library at 5 p.m. The Junior High group, ages 12 to 15, takes place Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. Please call Vernon Wells at the rectory for more information.
10. presentation by Jason Evert on Teen Chastity – Love, Sex and Relationships. The title of Jason’s talk is “What If We Really Love Each Other?” It will take place December 4, 7 p.m. at St. Charles Borremeo, 7112 South 12th St. in Tacoma. The drive would be well worth it. Jason is part of the Catholic Answers, a group of lay people committed to presenting and defending the faith.
11. (Sunday Morning Masses) Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip is just like a gift certificate.
Germaine Greer on Birth Control
Stem Cell Research: Teaching of Bible & Catholic Church
Human Cloning: A Catholic Perspective (How the Unthinkable Became Inevitable)