Announcements (November 16, 2003)
1. Today's two-bit collection will go toward payment of our newly acquired lot. We have almost completed the necessary steps to begin the demolition of the house - and a parishioner has volunteered the use of his company for the clearing of the lot.
2. If you did not place your sacrificial giving pledge in the main collection, you may do so now or bring it next Sunday.
3. Thank you for your contributions to the two-bit collection last weekend for Holy Family School Scholarship Fund. $1030 were donated. Besides assisting a needy family, your contribution helps keep our school and parish financially sound.
4. For many years, Holy Family parishioners have expressed the desire and need for a comprehensive plan to address the facility needs of our campus. As a result, a subcommittee of the parish council established a Master Plan, which was presented to the entire parish during a series of listening sessions. We are now in the process of conducting a feasibility study to look at the level of support for the projects within our Master Plan, which include addressing deferred maintenance projects and a new parish center. The Archdiocese of Seattle has retained the services of Guidance In Giving, Inc., a professional fundraising consulting firm that specializes in campaigns for Catholic organizations to conduct the study on our behalf. The firm has worked with several parishes and schools throughout the Northwest and is able to conduct the study in both English and Spanish. Over the next four weeks, the firm will be conducting approximately 75 confidential personal interviews and 2 focus groups with a cross-section of parish members to determine the level of support for the plans and the financial potential of the parish. In addition, all members of our community will be asked to share input and opinions through a mailing questionnaire, which will take place in early-December. The vital input from our parish members will enable us to plan for the future of our campus and make educated decisions about a possible fundraising campaign. Please plan to participate in the feasibility study. Thank you, in advance, for your feedback and counsel as we make plans for the needs of our parish community
5. After Mass please come to the parish hall for our Ministry Day presentation. Various groups in the parish will have tables to explain their work - and how you can offer your Time and Talent to God's service. .
6. In this week's bulletin you will find a short biography of Fr. John Corapi. Please register now for the retreat he will conduct at Holy Family on March 5-7.
7. We have sent in the order for wreaths, garlands and other Christmas decorations from Sherwood Farms. It is still possible to reserve your wreath by calling Daniele Chavez-Curtis whose number is in the bulletin.
8. Scrip is for sale after Sunday morning Masses. Use Scrip for your Thanksgiving shopping and also for Christmas gifts. It costs nothing extra and is a great way to support our school and parish.