Announcements (May 27, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society. Your donations will enable them to assist the needy in our own neighborhoods.
2. Thank you for your contributions to last week's two-bit collection for Detention Ministry. $453 were dontated to support those who minister at King County Jail and other dentention centers in the Archdiocese.
3. Thank you for your support of the Annual Catholic Appeal. As of last Wednesday, we received 523 pledges for a total of $45,415. Our parish goal is 900 pledges and $90,000. By acheiving this goal, we will receive a $40 thousand rebate for use in building maintenance and renovation. If you have not yet filled out your Annual Catholic Appeal, please do so this week and place it in the collection or drop it by the rectory. Please support the Archdiocese and your parish by placing your pledge envelope in the collection or drop it by the rectory this week. Please also see the announcement in the bulletin regarding companies such as Boeing, Costco and Microsoft which will match employee gifts to the Annual Catholic Appeal.
4. There is a Bible Study for high school students and young adults on Sunday evenings, 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House. Also on Memorial Day, May 28, beginninng at 3 p.m. there will be a Picnic and Volleyball games on our parish ball field. More details & phone numbers in bulletin.
5. Please mark you calendar for our Parish Festival, September 7 - 9 (new date). It will involve a parish picnic and other activities. If you are able to help please call Betty Weller or Ross Youngs whose numbers are in the bulletin.
6. As summer approaches we need volunteer for Eucharistic Adoration who can substitute for those who are away. If you can give one hour a week to serve as a substitute, please see Betty, Greg or Joe whose numbers are in the bulletin.
7. Next Sunday Dr. Hemstad and his wife Darcy will be here for an introduction to Natural Family Planning. It will begin at 1:45 p.m.
8. Sacred Heart Radio of Seattle features programs to inspire and deepen ones faith. Tune your radio to 1050 AM.
9. There will be a reception after our Sunday morning Masses in the parish hall to honor Delores Hill for her 20+ years as Holy Family sacristan.
10. Next Sunday is Pentecost Sunday. You are invited to wear something red, the color of the Holy Spirit.
11. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip can be ordered for use at various stores in our area.