Announcements (May 26, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for St. Vincent de Paul. Your contributions will enable the members of our St. Vincent de Paul Society to help the needy in our own neighborhoods.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for Sacred Heart Radio. $465 were contributed to help Sacred Heart Radio continue to provides Catholic programming for the Northwest. Besides educational and inspirational programs, this station has also given an in depth perspective on the crisis currently confronting the Catholic Church in the United States. Tune to 1050 AM for excellent Catholic programs.
3. Thank you for your response to the Annual Catholic Appeal. As of early this week 367 parishioners returned envelopes for a total pledge of $53,020. If you have not yet turned in your envelope, please drop it off at the rectory or place it in next Sunday's collection. If you are unable to contribute this year - or for whatever reason do not choose to contribute - we ask you to simply fill out an envelope and place "0" in the pledge box. In this way we will know not to send a follow-up letter and it will count toward our participation goal of 800. Thank you.
4. Our Ailbe House chapel is open seven days a week, twenty four hours a day for Eucharistic Adoration (except for Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. when Adoration takes place in the main church). You are cordially invited to participate in this beautiful prayer before Jesus, truly present in the Blessed Sacrament.
5. Long time parishioner Minnie Kopp died on Saturday, May 25. Her husband, Ed Kopp and children, invite you to join them at the Mass of Christian Burial for Minnie, this Thursday, May 30 at 10 a.m. A rosary vigil service will take place at 7 pm. Wednesday at Yarington's Funeral Home.
6. The next Baptism classes will take place on June 10 and 17 in the Ailbe House Library. Baptism of infants and young children will be celebrated on Suday June 23, at 2:30 p.m.
8. The next celebration of the Anointing of the Sick will take place on June 9 at 2:30 p.m.
9. There will be a Healing Mass this Friday, May 31 at St. Anthony Church in Renton.
10. Our Bible Study/Prayer Group has gotten off to a good start. You are invited every Thursday evening from 7 to 9 p.m. More information in the bulletin.
11. The Holy Hour for Vocations, also on Thurday evenings, from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Ailbe House Chapel. Please see the bulletin for details.
12. Deacon Armando Perez will preach the homily at all English Masses next weekend. He will be ordained a priest on June 8, 10 a.m. at St. James Cathedral. Make plans to attend this wonderful event.
13. There will be a Vacation Bible School during the last week of June and the the last week of July. We will have more information next week about how your child or grandchild can attend.
14. Please see the blue flier in the bulletin regarding the Holy Family School Rummage Sale. It will take place next Saturday, June 1, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
15. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school. Also you may order Holy Family Sweatshirts and T-shirts.