Announcements (May 20, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Detention Ministry. Your donations will support those who minister at King County Jail and other detention centers in the Archdiocese.
2. Thank you for your contributions to last week's two-bit collection for the Mary Bloom Center. At the three English Masses $513 were donated to support this medical and educational center. Named for Fr. Bloom's mother, the Mary Bloom Center aids needy children and families in a poor area of Peru.
3. Thank you for your support of the Annual Catholic Appeal. As of last Wednesday, we received 482 pledges for a total of $41,638.21. Our parish goal is 900 pledges and $90,000. By acheiving this goal, we will receive a $40 thousand rebate for use in building maintenance and renovation. If you have not yet filled out your Annual Catholic Appeal, please do so this week and place it in the collection or drop it by the rectory. Please support the Archdiocese and your parish by placing your pledge envelope in the collection or drop it by the rectory this week. Please also see the announcement in the bulletin regarding companies such as Boeing, Costco and Microsoft which will match employee gifts to the Annual Catholic Appeal.
4. There is a Bible Study for high school students and young adults on Sunday evenings, 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House. Also on Memorial Day, May 28, there will be a Picnic and Volleyball games for youth and young adults. More details & phone numbers in bulletin.
5. Please mark you calendar for our Parish Festival, August 3 - 5. It will involve a parish picnic and other activities. If you are able to help please call Betty Weller or Ross Youngs whose numbers are in the bulletin.
6. As summer approaches we need volunteer for Eucharistic Adoration who can substitute for those who are away. If you can give one hour a week to serve as a substitute, please see Betty, Greg or Joe whose numbers are in the bulletin.
7. Sacred Heart Radio of Seattle features programs to inspire and deepen ones faith. Tune your radio to 1050 AM.
8. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip can be ordered for use at various stores in our area.