Announcements (May 16, 1999)
1. The two-bit collection this weekend is for our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society. Your donations will be used to help the needy right in our neighborhood. Also please notice in the bulletin the announcement concerning the need for phone volunteers for the St. Vincent de Paul society.
2. Thank you for your generosity last weekend in the two-bit collection for the Mary Bloom Center in Peru. $762 were given and will be used to help families in the Puno area of Peru.
3. Also we are most grateful to those who have responded to the Annual Catholic Appeal. As of Saturday afternoon, 543 families have pledged a total of $58,191. If you have not yet turned in your pledge envelope, please do so this week or in the collection next weekend. Your participation is needed and deeply appreciated.
4. If you have not made a marriage encounter weekend, it is a wonderful opportunity to make a good marriage even better. Marriage Encounters are scheduled for June and September. Please see the bulletin for details.
5. The Journey through the Bible classes continue on Monday evenings. Your are invited to join this interesting series this Monday, 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House.
6. We need volunteers Friday afternoons at 3 and 4 p.m., on Fridays from midnite to 1 a.m. (once a month) annd Saturday morning at 4 a.m. for Eucharistic adoration. If you are interested, please contact the parish office or Eleanor Cummings. Her number is in the bulletin.
7. Next Sunday there will be coffee and donuts in the parish hall after the Sunday morning Masses. Please plan on joining your fellow parishioners at that time.