Announcements (May 12, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for the Mary Bloom Center. Your donations will help needy children and families in Peru.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for C.Y.O. Sports. $440 were contributed to assist children in our parish to participate in the C.Y.O. athletic program.
3. Next Sunday, May 19, we will have a special bilingual service for anointing of the sick. It will take place at 2:30 next Sunday afternoon. If you know anyone who is seriously ill, an elderly person in frail health or someone facing a major surgery, please invite them to this service. More information can be found in this week's bulletin.
4. Thank you for your response last Sunday to the Annual Catholic Appeal. 337 parishioners returned envelopes for a total pledge of $46,870. If you have not yet turned in your envelope, please drop it off at the rectory or place it in next Sunday's collection. If you are unable to contribute this year - or for whatever reason do not choose to contribute - we ask you to simply fill out an envelope and place "0" in the pledge box. In this way we will know not to send a follow-up letter and it will count toward our participation goal of 800. Thank you.
5. Our Ailbe House chapel is open seven days a week, twenty four hours a day for Eucharistic Adoration (except for Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. when Adoration takes place in the main church). You are cordially invited to participate in this beautiful prayer before Jesus, truly present in the Blessed Sacrament.
6. Archbishop Brunett will be in Holy Family Parish on May 23 for the Confirmation of our young people. Please plan on attending that Mass, the Thursday after next, at 7 p.m. It is a wonderful way to support our high school students and their parents. Some adults of our parish will also be confirmed on May 23.
7. Next Saturday, May 18, the Carmelite Center in Stanwood will host a day of silent prayer and guided meditation. Please see the bulletin for more details.
8. The Holy Family Parish Council will meet this Thursday at 7 p.m. Please keep the important work of the Council in your prayers.
9. There will be an information meeting this Monday, at 7 p.m. regarding Cub Scouts. It is for boys 6 to 10 years old. Also Ryan Larson will be in the back of the Church this morning to answer any questions.
10. This Sunday our parish Knights of Columbus are serving a special Mother's Day Breakfast. Mothers will be treated to a free breakfast. All profits from the breakfast will be donated to Pregnancy Aid - an organization which provides medical tests, medical referals, temporary shelter and much more for expecting mothers. You may also bring diapers, baby clothes, toys, baby food, furniture and other items to help Pregnancy Aid in its work.
11. The Mass of Christian Burial for Kathleen Weigelt will be at 10 a.m. this Tuesday in our church. The rosary will take place on Monday evening at 7 p.m. in Yaringtons.
12. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school. Also you may order Holy Family Sweatshirts and T-shirts.