Announcements (March 9, 2003)
1. The second collection is for Black and Indian Missions. Envelopes are available for this special collection. your generosity is appreciated. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for debt reduction. $1,157 were donated during the seven weekend Masses. Also in the first collections you gave $10,940, for a combined total of $12,097. Thank you for your support of Holy Family Parish.
2. Our Parish Council is sponsoring a nine day Novena of Prayer. It will focus on the financial needs of our parish and of specific needs families within our parish. The Novena, in honor of the Infant of Prague, begins on March 17 (St. Patrick's Day) and continues through the Feast of the Annunciation, March 25. Next Sunday we will make available the Novena prayers.
3. Today's bulletin contains the regulations regarding Fast and Abstinence during Lent. Also you will find various other suggestions for observing this season of preparation.
4. Lent is a beautiful time for Eucharistic Adoration. The Ailbe House Chapel is open seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
5. During the Fridays of Lent, beginning at 5:45 p.m., we will have Soup Nights in the Ailbe House Youth room. Please come for soup and join in the Stations of the Cross following at 7 p.m. in the Church.
6. For your Lenten observance, please be sure to take a Rice Bowl for your dining room table.
7. We are currently enrolling for the 2003-2004 school year. We have openings in all grades.
8. Plan now to participate in the the Annual Auction. Family night is Saturday, April 5 in the School Hall.
9. The Bible Study/Rosary Prayer Group continues to meet every Sunday evening at 7 p.m. All are welcome.
10. This Sunday morning our Knights of Columbus are hosting a Pancake and French Toast Breakfast, beginning after the 8 a.m. Mass until noon.
11. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses. Scrip can be used to purchase gasoline, food and many other necessary items. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.