Announcements (March 4, 2001)
1. Our two bit collection this Sunday is for Western Washington Charismatic Renewal. This important work of guiding and coordinating prayer groups in the Archdiocese relies on individual and group contributions. Your donations are appreciated.
2. Thank you for your contributions to last week's two-bit collection for Women's Injury Network. $435 were donated to this important work of defending those injured by an abortion procedure. As you know, surgical abortions are virtually unregulated in our country.
3. The Ash Wednesday earthquake made us aware of the importance of seismic reinforcement for our buildings. Fortunately we had already addressed the most urgent need - the new porch for our school. However, much work still remains to be done. Next Sunday's two-bit collection will be for our School Renovation Project. Please consider making a pledge to this important work.
4. Please join us on Friday evenings of Lent at 5:30 p.m. for Soup Supper in the school hall. Stations of the Cross are prayed in the church Friday evenings at 7 p.m.
5. There will be an RCIA retreat the weekend of March 23-25. Noted author, Mark P. Shea, will be the featured speaker at the retreat. Past RCIA participants are most welcome. Please call Lin whose number is in the bulletin.
6. Holy Family School is taking registrations for the 2001-2002 school year. If you have a child preschool age (4 years old) to eighth grade, please call the school office.
7. The Ailbe House chapel is now open seven days a week for Eucharistic Adoration. Also the Ailbe House has been rekeyed to improve security. Groups using the meeting rooms should stop by the office to check out a key.
8. Spring classes for Natural Family Planning (Billings Method) begin this Thursday, 7 p.m. at Providence Hospital. Please see the bulletin (Fr. Bloom's column) for more information.
9. The Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast will be next Sunday after morning Masses. (Not this Sunday as stated in bulletin.)
10. First Eucharist classes begin this Monday, 6:45 to 8:15 p.m. Please call Sr. Mary Clare at the rectory for more information.
11. A Bible Study for high school students and young adults will begin Sunday evening, March 11. Please see the bulletin for full details.
12. If you have not yet done so, please pick up your Rice Bowl at the entrance of the Church and place it on your dining table as a reminder of prayer, fasting and almsgiving. Rice Bowl donations, which will go to Catholic Relief Services, can be returned on the Fourth Sunday of Lent and Easter.
13. A lenten suggestion: turn off your TV and tune in to Sacred Heart Radio of Seattle, 1050 on your AM dial.
14. Scrip is for sale after Mass.