Announcements (March 28, 1999)
1. Our two-bit collection is for our Parish St. Vincent de Paul Society to aid the needy in our own neighborhoods.
2. Thank you for your donations last Sunday to our School Scholarship Fund. $544 were donated.
3. Please remember next Sunday to bring your donations for Operation Rice Bowl.
4. A special thanks to our Knights of Columbus and others who helped with the Annual Spring Clean Up of our Parish grounds. On May 1, our Knights of Columbus will be holding a Boiler Replacement Fund Raising Dance. Please see the bulletin for further information.
4. Our Ladies Sodality Spring Luncheon is on Tuesday, April 6. Contact any member to purchase a ticket.
5. Our full Holy Week schedule is the bulletin. I would like to call your attention to the following: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday there will be Mass at 8:30 a.m. On Wednesday evening there will also be Mass in English at 6 p.m. and in Spanish at 6:55 followed by Confessions. There will be Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament on Wednesday and Thursday. Stations of the Cross on Wednesday afternoon and Friday Morning. On Holy Thurday afternoon at 5:30 there will be a Soup and Salad Supper. Families A-M bring soup and N-Z, salad.
6. The times for the services of the Easter Triduum are: Holy Thursday Mass, 7 p.m., Good Friday Service, 6 p.m. and Easter Vigil at 8 p.m. Please make every effort to attend these services.
7. Extra blessed palms can be picked up after Mass. You may place a blessed palm behind a crucifix or sacred image in your home. If you have palms from last year, their disposal should be by burning or burying in the ground, but, please, not in the garbage. Like all blessed articles, the palms are a reminder of the central mystery of our faith--the death and resurrection of Jesus.