Announcements (March 25, 2001)
1. Our second collection this Sunday is for American Bishops' Overseas Appeal. By means of this collection the United States Bishops support Catholic Relief Services, Migration and Refugee Services as well as the Holy Father's Relief Fund. Your donations will aid the poor throughout the world. Rice Bowl contributions can be returned this Sunday or Easter.
2. Thank you for your contributions to last week's two-bit collection for WOOMB Northwest. $531 were donated to support this important work in our Archdiocese.
3. Holy Family School is taking registrations for the 2001-2002 school year. If you have a child preschool age (4 years old) to eighth grade, please call the school office.
4. Please join us on Friday evenings of Lent at 5:30 p.m. for Soup Supper in the school hall. Stations of the Cross are prayed in the church Friday evenings at 7 p.m.
5. A Bible Study for high school students and young adults will begin this Sunday evening, March 11. Please see the bulletin for full details.
6. The Ailbe House chapel is now open seven days a week for Eucharistic Adoration. There is round the clock exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every day except Sunday afternoon. If you are able to volunteer for an hour or adoration, please contact Betty Weller, Joe Vandemark or Greg Miller.
7. The School Auction family night will be March 31 beginning at 5 p.m. in the school. The live auction will take place April 7 at South Seattle Community College. Please call Holy Family School for more information.
8. Holy Family Ladies Sodality will meet this monday at 1 p.m. All ladies of the parish are invited to attend
9. The annual Spring Clean will be next Saturday. Please see the flier in bulletin for more information.
10. On Saturday, March 31, we will have a parish Liturgy Day of Reflection with Fr. Gregory Tatum, O.P. Those who serve the parish as lectors, extraordinary eucharistic ministers, altar service, ushers and choir are encouraged to attend. There are sign-up sheets in the sacristy and vestibule, especially for servers and ushers.
11. Every Sunday afternoon at 4 p.m. Sacred Heart Radio of Seattle features a news program called The World Over. Tune your radio to 1050 AM for great Catholic programming.
12. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip can be ordered for use at various stores in our area. Also you may purchase the book, Abundance of Grace, History of the Archdiocese of Seattle, 1850-2000 for $25. Proceeds will go to our school renovation project.