Announcements (March 17, 2002)
1. Our second collection the Sunday is for our parish St. Vincent de Paul. Your contributions will help the needy in our own neighborhoods.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for American Bishops Overseas Appeal. $1,817 were donated to this collection which supports Catholic Relief Services, the Holy Father's Relief Fund and the U.S. Bishop's Migration and Refugee Services.
3. The Lenten Soup Nights have been a great success this year. The final Soup Night will be this Friday, March 22. Please plan on joining fellow parishioners at 5:30 p.m. Also this Friday Stations of the Cross will be celebrated in the Church at 7 p.m.
4. Holy Family sweatshirts and T-shirts are for sale in the vestible (after 5 p.m. and 8 a.m. Masses).
5. Thank you for supporting The Knights of Columbus. As a result of last Sunday's breakfast, $365 were donated for our kitchen remodel project. The Knights host a breakfast on the second Sunday of each month.
6. Next Sunday is Palm Sunday, the beginning of Holy Week. To facilitate the parking between morning Masses, we will have some attendants directing traffic for entering and leaving the lots. Please collaborate with them. The schedule for Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Vigil is found in the bulletin. Masses on Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday morning will follow the regular schedule.
7. Three Sunday ago we posted a list of all the active parish donors we were able to identify. Since then an additional two hundred families have contacted us to be included in the donors' list. An updated list has been posted at the three entrances of the church. Again, we ask you to check to make sure your name is included. If not, please drop a note in the collection or at the rectory - or give us a call. Thank you. We appreciate your support of Holy Family.
8. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school.