Announcements (March 10, 2002)
1. Our second collection the Sunday is for American Bishops Overseas Appeal. This collection supports Catholic Relief Services, the Holy Father's Relief Fund and the U.S. Bishop's Migration and Refugee Services.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for Helpers of God's Precious Infants. $282 were dontated to help this local organization which promotes respect for the dignity of each human life.
3. Two Sunday ago we posted a list of all the active parish donors we were able to identify. Since then an additional one hundred families have contacted us to be included in the donors' list. An updated list has been posted at the three entrances of the church. Again, we ask you to check to make sure your name is included. If not please drop a note in the collection or at the rectory - or give us a call. Thank you. We appreciate your support of Holy Family.
4. Please plan on joining fellow parishioners for Soup Nights, every Friday evening during Lent beginning at 5:30 p.m. Also Stations of the Cross are celebrated Friday evenings in the Church at 7 p.m.
5. During Lent we have a "Workingman's Mass" every Friday morning at 7 a.m. All are invited to attend.
6. Vespers and Benediction are celebrated every Sunday afternoon at 4 p.m. Please come and experience this beautiful prayer.
7. The Knights of Columbus invite you to a delicious Pancake and Toast Breakfast after morning Masses this Sunday. The cost is only $3.50 and includes pancakes, french toast, link sausages, peaches, juice and coffee. Bring the whole family.
8. We ask your prayers for Fr. Ramon Velasco who had to return to the Philippines to apply for a religious visa. It became clear this week that he was not able to obtain a visa by a different means, so he had to return rather abruptly. Please pray that the U.S. Consulate in Manila will process his request rapidly so that he can return soon to Holy Family. The Archdiocese of Seattle has made a petition to Immigration on behalf of Fr. Ramon. Meanwhile the Archdiocese has provided us with the help of an excellent priest, Fr. Tim McKenna.
9. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school.