Announcements (June 30, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Peter's Pence. Please be generous in supporting the charitable and apostolic works of the Holy Father. If you have brought your envelope for this special collection, you may place it in the basket at this time.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for the Palisades Campaign. $459 were donated to assist in the completion of the new Palisades Retreat and Faith Formation Center
3. Fr. Sean Heneghan who was pastor of Holy Family from 1974 to 1981, died on June 26. The funeral Mass for Fr. Heneghan will take place this Monday, 11 a.m. at St. Francis Church in Seahurst. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
4. This Thursday (first Thursday of July) there will be confessions from 4 to 8 p.m. You are invited to take advantage of this opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Also on Thursday there will be a special Fourth of July Mass at 8:30 a.m. Please join in praying for our country and in reaffirming that we are a nation under God.
5. The pot luck dinner and listening session for litrugical ministers will take place on Thursday, July 11. This includes choir members, eucharistic ministers, lectors, servers, sacristans - and all those who assist or desire to assist in our liturgical celebrations.
6. The next Baptism classes will be held July 15 and 2 at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House Library. Next baptism will take place Sunday July 28 at 2:30 p.m. Please call the parish office, 206-767-6220 to register.
7. The next celebration of the Anointing of the Sick will take place Sunday afternoon, July 14 at 2:30 p.m.
8. Also on July 14, Thanh Dao, whose family belongs to Holy Family Parish, will be ordained to the diaconate at the Vietnamese Center. His ordination will take place at 2 p.m. that Sunday.
9. The Bone Marrow Drive mentioned in the bulletin is for Nicole Howard, a 4 year old girl from St. Bridget's Parish who was diagnosed with leukemia a year ago. She is in desperate need of a transplant. Please see this Sunday's bulletin and the notice posted on the vestibule bulletin board for more information.
10. The Parish Picnic is Saturday, September 21st. Please mark your calendar.
11. The first session of the Vacation Bible Camp was a great success. The second session will take place from July 29 - August 2. Children, ages 6 - 14 may participate. Please call Vernon at the rectory for more information.
12. Scrip is for sale after Mass. During this past year we received $3000 from the sale of Scrip. This helped us install the new kitchen in the school. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school.