Announcements (June 2, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for our School Renovation Project. Your donations will go toward the seismic repairs of our school building.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for St. Vincent de Paul. $482 were contributed. Your donations enable the members of our St. Vincent de Paul Society to help the needy in our own neighborhoods.
3. Thank you for your response to the Annual Catholic Appeal. As of early this week 407 parishioners returned envelopes for a total pledge of $56,049. If you have not yet turned in your envelope, please drop it off at the rectory or place it in next Sunday's collection. Thank you.
4. Our Ailbe House chapel is open seven days a week, twenty four hours a day for Eucharistic Adoration (except for Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. when Adoration takes place in the main church). You are cordially invited to participate in this beautiful prayer before Jesus, truly present in the Blessed Sacrament.
5. Long time parishioner Esther McNutt died this week. The funeral service for will be held Monday, 3 p.m. at Washington Memorial Funeral Home. All are welcome to attend.
6. The next Baptism classes will take place on June 10 and 17 in the Ailbe House Library. Baptism of infants and young children will be celebrated on Suday June 23, at 2:30 p.m.
8. The next celebration of the Anointing of the Sick will take place on June 9 at 2:30 p.m.
9. On the weekend of June 15-16 there will be a reception after our three English Masses in honor of Sister Mary Clare Hall. She has served Holy Family Parish faithfully for many years. Please plan on attending.
10. Our Bible Study/Prayer Group meets every Thursday evening from 7 to 9 p.m. More information in the bulletin.
11. There is a Holy Hour for Vocations, Thurday evenings, from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Ailbe House Chapel. Please see the bulletin for details.
12. Deacon Armando Perez be ordained a priest on June 8, 10 a.m. at St. James Cathedral. Make plans to attend this wonderful event. Next Sunday Fr. Armando will celebrate his first Mass of Thanksgiving in our parish at 11 a.m.
13. There will be a Vacation Bible School for children ages 6 - 14 during the last week of June and the the last week of July. Please see the flier in the bulletin for more information and for the registration form. Mary Wells will be available in the vestibule after Mass to answer any questions and to receive registration forms.
14. It has come to our attention that the former Safeway store here in White Center (at 96th St. and 15th Ave. SW) may be converted into a gambling casino. On March 29, Pair o'Dice Ventures applied for a permit with King County. You will find at the entrance of the Church form letters addressed to the Safeway Corporation. You may use this form letter or write your own letter to the Safeway Corporation or to King County Council expressing your concern.
15. Also at the church entrances (and in your Sunday bulletin) you will find the complete June schedule of programs on Sacred Heart Radio. Post it on your refrigerator and tune your radio to 1050 AM for great Catholic programming.
16. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school. Also you may order Holy Family Sweatshirts and T-shirts.