Announcements (June 16, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for WOOMB Northwest. Your contributions will help this local agency in its work with young married couples and medical professionals. WOOMB means World Organization for Ovulation Method Billings.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for the School Scholarship Fund. Your donations will help students from needy families attend our parish school.
3. Annual Catholic Appeal update: As of early this week 658 parishioners returned envelopes for a total pledge of $63,292. Thank you to all who participated. Those who are on our parish list and have not yet responded will receive a letter from Archbishop Brunett this week. Please support our Archdiocese and our parish. Thank you.
4. From Monday to Wednesday of this week Fr. Bloom and Fr. Velasco will be attending the annual Priests' Days. As you see in the bulletin, there will be Word and Communion Services those three days. On Thursday and Friday, Mass will be celebrated as normal at 8:30 a.m. As always, our Ailbe House chapel is open seven days a week, twenty four hours a day for Eucharistic Adoration (except for Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. when Adoration takes place in the main church). You are cordially invited to participate in this beautiful prayer before Jesus, truly present in the Blessed Sacrament.
5. The pot luck dinner and listening session for litrugical ministers will take place on Thursday, July 11. This includes choir members, eucharistic ministers, lectors, servers, sacristans - and all those who assist or desire to assist in our liturgical celebrations.
6. The next Baptism classes will take place on June 20 in the Ailbe House Library. Baptism of infants and young children will be celebrated on Suday June 23, at 2:30 p.m.
7. The next celebration of the Anointing of the Sick will take place Sunday afternoon, July 14 at 2:30 p.m.
8. This weekend, after our three English Masses, there will be a reception in the hall in honor of Sister Mary Clare Hall. She has served Holy Family Parish faithfully for many years. Please come over to the hall after Mass to show your appreciation to Sr. Mary Clare.
9. Our Bible Study/Prayer Group meets every Thursday evening from 7 to 9 p.m. More information in the bulletin.
10. There will be a planning meeting for our Parish Picnic on June 26 at 7 p.m. in the school. Everyone is welcome. The Parish Picnic is Saturday, September 21st. Please mark your calendar.
11. Vacation Bible School for children ages 6 - 14 begins the week of June 24 - 28. A second session will take place from July 29 - August 2. Please register your child in the vestible after Mass.
12. Scrip is for sale after Mass. During this past year we received $3000 from the sale of Scrip. This helped us install the new kitchen in the school. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school.