Announcements (June 29, 2003)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Peter's Pence. You donations will enable the Holy Father to provide for our neediest brothers and sisters throughout the world.
2. Thank you for your donations last weekend for the purchase of the property south of our parish parking lot. $1252 were donated. To date we have received $45,337 in donations and $66,962 in pledges. Those who pledged should receive a letter from Father Bloom this week.
3. The final results for the Annual Catholic Appeal are in the bulletin: 363 families pledged a total of $48,370. This represents 88% of our archdiocesan goal. Of course it is not too late to turn in your envelope, if you have not yet done. Thanks to all who supported the Annual Catholic Appeal.
4. Holy Family Parish will again this summer sponsor a Bible Camp for children ages 6-12. The first seesion will be July 21-25. Volunteer for the Summer Bible Camp can contact Mary Wells. Her number is in the bulletin. Anyone who volunteers recieves a discount if they have children in the Camp. The registration forms are at the entrances of the Church. Mary Wells will take registrations after the Sunday morning Masses.
5. In two weeks we will have a retreat on Shaw Island for teens 13-15 years old. Brochures for the youth retreat are also available at the church entrances.
6. Please put August 23 on your calendar - our annual parish picnic.
7. Inquiry classes for adults or older children interested in joining the Catholic Church or returning to the faith, will begin on September 11. Please call Lin Fulwiler to register. Lin's number is in the bulletin.
8. The Bible Study/Rosary Prayer Group continues to meet every Sunday evening at 7 p.m. All are welcome.
9. We are signing up children for C.Y.O. Soccer. Also we need coaches. Please see the announcement in the bulletin for phone numbers of Ed Horn or Myrna Moffat.
10. The next Baptism Classes will be held on July 14 and 21. Call the parish office or speak with Fr. Ramon for more information.
11. Because of some very dedicated volunteers, we will resume Eucharistic Adoration from midnite to 6 a.m. this week. If there is a good response, we hope to be able to continue round the clock Eucharistic Adoration. Please contact Joe Vandermark or Betty Weller whose numbers are in the bulletin. You may also call the parish office.
12. Our Building Commission has made available architectural drawings and pictures regarding current needs and projections for the future. Please take a look and make any suggestion that you have.
13. Frs. Bloom and Velasco will be available this Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. for confessions.
14. Scrip will be available after the morning Masses. Scrip can be used to purchase gasoline, food and many other necessary items. It costs you nothing more and is a great way to support our school and parish.