Announcements (June 17, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for our parish CYO sports program. Your donations will help enable youth of our parish to participate in various organized sports activities.
2. Thank you for your contributions to last week's two-bit collection for our School Scholarship fund. $542 were donated. This will help poorer families who wish to send their child to our parish school.
3. Only two weeks remain in our fiscal year. As you can see in the bulletin, as of last Sunday, we were about $23,000 from our year end goal - $590,550. Holy Family depends on your contributions in the first collection to maintain our buildings and programs.
4. There is a Bible Study for high school students and young adults on Sunday evenings, 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House. For adults there will be a course on Scripture, Church documents and Christian writers. This course, for adults who wish to explore more deeply their faith, will begin this Wednesday evening at 7:30 p.m. in the Ailbe House library. More details & phone numbers in bulletin.
5. There will be a planning meeting for the September Parish Festival, next Sunday, 9 to noon in the parish hall. Please see the bulletin announcement for more information.
6. As summer approaches we need volunteer for Eucharistic Adoration who can substitute for those who are away. If you can give one hour a week to serve as a substitute, please see Betty, Greg or Joe whose numbers are in the bulletin.
7. Bumper stickers for Sacred Heart Radio are available at the entrances of the church. Please pick up one and put it on your car to advertise Seattle's Catholic radio station.
8. Next Sunday there is a meeting for children who wish to become Knights of the Altar. Please see the bulletin flier for more information.
9. You are invited to the celebration of Vespers, Benediction and Procession with Blessed Sacrament this Sunday afternoon at 4:30 p.m.
10. Mass is celebrated every Saturday morning at 8 a.m.
11. Next Saturday the 6th graders of 2002 will have a car wash to raise funds for Camp Wasknowitz. Please see the bulletin flier.
12. Beginning the first Wednesday of July, adoration will take place in the church from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. This will allow for weekly cleaning of the Ailbe House chapel, as well as the opportunity for Eucharistic devotion in our Church on Wednesdays.
13. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip can be ordered for use at various stores in our area.