Announcements (July 8, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for our parish St. Vincent de Paul Society to assist the poor in our own neighborhoods. Your donations are appreciated. our
2. Thank you for your contributions for victims of the earthquake in Peru. $3688 were given at our weekend Masses. During the week we received an additional $400 so over four thousand dollars are being sent to help the victims of the June 23 earthquake. Thanks to your contributions, blankets and food items have been purchased to help villagers in a mountain area hard hit by the earthquake. Please see the bulletin for a fuller report on how these donations are being utilized.
3. Bumper stickers for Sacred Heart Radio are available at the entrances of the church. Please pick up one and put it on your car to advertise Seattle's Catholic radio station.
4. You are invited to the celebration of Vespers, Benediction and Procession with Blessed Sacrament every Sunday afternoon at 4:30 p.m.
5. Mass is celebrated every Saturday morning at 8 a.m.
6. This Sunday Darcy Hemstad, R.N., will be available in the Ailbe House at 1:45 p.m. to give a presentation on the Billings Method of Natural Family Planning and to help review individual charts. Married couples and young adults are welcome.
7. Next Sunday seminarian Armando Perez will be ordained as a transitional deacon of the Archdiocese of Seattle. The ordination will take place at a 10 a.m. bilingual Mass presided by Archbishop Brunett. Please see the letter from Armando in this Sunday's bulletin inviting you to attend that celebration. You are likewise invited to attend the reception following Armando's ordination. On that Sunday, July 15, there will be no 9:30 or 11 a.m. Mass. There will be an English Mass at 8 a.m. and Spanish Mass at 1:30 p.m.
8. There is a Bible Study for high school students and young adults on Sunday evenings, 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House. For adults there will be a course on Scripture, Church documents and Christian writers. This course, for adults who wish to explore more deeply their faith, will begin this Wednesday evening at 7:30 p.m. in the Ailbe House library. More details & phone numbers in bulletin.
9. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip can be ordered for use at various stores in our area.