Announcements (July 7, 2002)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for parish debt. At the end of the 2001-2002 we had a negative cash position (deficit) of $58,526.* With your help we can get on a better financial footing, so that we can move ahead with needed programs in our parish. Thank you.
2. Thank you for your contributions last Sunday for Peter's Pence. $1,887 were donated to support the charitable and apostolic works of the Holy Father.
3. The Bible Study/ Prayer Group meets every Sunday evening at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House. Please see the bulletin for full information.
4. Project Rachel is offering a Post-Abortion Healing Retreat next weekend. You can find their confidential phone number in the bulletin.
5. The pot luck dinner and listening session for litrugical ministers will take place on Thursday, July 11. This includes choir members, eucharistic ministers, lectors, ushers, servers, sacristans - and all those who assist or desire to assist in our liturgical celebrations.
6. The next Baptism classes will be held July 15 and 22 at 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House Library. Next baptism will take place Sunday July 28 at 2:30 p.m. Please call the parish office, 206-767-6220 to register.
7. The next celebration of the Anointing of the Sick will take place Sunday afternoon, July 14 at 2:30 p.m.
8. Also on July 14, Thanh Dao, whose family belongs to Holy Family Parish, will be ordained to the diaconate at the Vietnamese Center. His ordination will take place at 2 p.m. that Sunday.
9. The Bone Marrow Drive mentioned in the bulletin is for Nicole Howard, a 4 year old girl from St. Bridget's Parish who was diagnosed with leukemia a year ago. She is in desperate need of a transplant. You could be a possible donor. Please see this Sunday's bulletin for more information.
10. The Parish Picnic is Saturday, September 21st. It will feature a variety of foods: pizza cart, Mexican and Filipino foods and of course hot dogs. There will be games for children and adults - including Bingo. Please see the bulletin for more information.
11. The first session of the Vacation Bible Camp was a great success. The second session will take place from July 29 - August 2. Children, ages 6 - 14 may participate. Please call Vernon at the rectory for more information.
12. Scrip is for sale after Mass. During this past year we received $3000 from the sale of Scrip. This helped us install the new kitchen in the school. Please use scrip for your shopping at local stores. It will cost you nothing extra and is an effective way of supporting your parish and its school.
*During the past fiscal year, $595,228 were given in our first collection - an increase of $8,457 from the previous year. However, because of the unusually large school subsidy ($240 thousand) we are facing the negative cash position.