Announcements (July 22, 2001)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for our parish school renovation project. As you can see, the temporary canopy over the porch has been removed. In the next couple of weeks the permanent one will be installed. Your help is needed to continue the renovation of our parish school.
2. Thank you for your contributions last weekend for WOOMB Northwest. With a center at Providence Hospital, WOOMB Northwest teaches married couples the Billing Method of Natural FAmily Planning. $686.95 were donated to further this important work.
3. Bumper stickers for Sacred Heart Radio are available at the entrances of the church. Please pick up one and put it on your car to advertise Seattle's Catholic radio station.
4. You are invited to the celebration of Vespers, Benediction and Procession with Blessed Sacrament every Sunday afternoon at 4:30 p.m.
5. Mass is celebrated every Saturday morning at 8 a.m.
6. Scott and Kimberly Hand will be in the Seattle area August 3-4. They are both converts to the catholic faith. Dr. Scott Hahn was a Protestant minister before his conversion. They are both very inspirational speakers. Please see the blue bulletin insert for more information.
7. Please plan on participating in the Novena of Masses for Priests. The first Mass of the novena will be this Friday July 27, 7 p.m. Fr. Derek Lappe will celebrate the opening Mass. The novena will conclude on August 4, feast of St. John Vianney.
8. There is a Bible Study for high school students and young adults on Sunday evenings, 7 p.m. in the Ailbe House. For adults there will be a course on Scripture, Church documents and Christian writers. This course, for adults who wish to explore more deeply their faith, will begin this Wednesday evening at 7:30 p.m. in the Ailbe House library. More details & phone numbers in bulletin.
9. Scrip is for sale after Mass. Scrip can be ordered for use at various stores in our area.