Announcements (July 11, 1999)
1. Our two-bit collection this Sunday is for Vamos. Visited by some of our parishioners in May, this project directly aids poor children and families in Mexico.
2. Thank you for your contributions to the Holy Family School Scholarship Fund. $579 were given.
3. As we begin our new fiscal year you will notice our budget goal and weekly sacrificial giving contributions in the bulletin. $10,967 were given at our six Masses last weekend. Your Sunday envelope and other donations are vital for the continuing operation of Holy Family Parish.
4. We have some postcards available to protest the blasphemous movie, Dogma. Sending the postcard is a way of saying how we feel about movies which attack the Blessed Virgin Mary and Jesus himself. It also encourages Disney to disassociate itself from Miramax and return to good family values.
5. This Friday, July 16, is the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. For those who wish to receive the Brown Scapular in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary there will be a blessing and clothing with the Brown Scapular at the end of the 8:30 a.m. Mass.
6. Single young women, age 18-35 who are interested in the contemplative life are invited to attend a weekend prayer experience here at Holy Family. Please see the bulletin for information.
7. This Sunday we welcome seminarian Derek Lappe to our parish. On July 25 Archbishop Brunett will ordain him as deacon. I would like to ask Derek to introduce himself.